Ranking
Good idea Crazed.
work it harder make it better do it faster makes us stronger more than ever hour after our work is never over
I remember when there was only like 4 or 5 clans.
[ s p i r i t ]
SKATEBOARDER
wonkwonkwonkwonkwonkwonkwonkwonkwonk♥♥♥wonkwonkwon kwonkwonkwonkwonkwonkwonk

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CLANS ROCK!!!!!!!!

edit:this is not spam this is a fact
Last edited by j4ck; May 5, 2008 at 09:32 PM.
Glad to be back.
Spam doesn't.
work it harder make it better do it faster makes us stronger more than ever hour after our work is never over
I've decided I no longer care. The great clans stay great, seemingly forever now, and the nooby ones either grow to be successful in time, or wither and die.

With more players comes the need for more clans. That's an undisputable fact and like juo said, they deserve, as much as anyone else, to be somewhere.
Bad idea crazed :/ All the clans so far deserve to be there, according to MBK or Veb. It's their call as to who deserves and doesn't deserve to be in a clan, and which clans should be there. Plus they can't be assed to refund all the servers and whatnot.
How to complain in style: GG, Mahulk.
Originally Posted by Ragdollmaster View Post
Bad idea crazed :/ All the clans so far deserve to be there, according to MBK or Veb. It's their call as to who deserves and doesn't deserve to be in a clan, and which clans should be there. Plus they can't be assed to refund all the servers and whatnot.

No, now you just send in the money with the thread and your in.
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend."
-U.S. Army Training Notice
*breaks door*
I take a look through the clan board every now and then.
My reaction is immediate and always the same. Disgust.

I see all of these new clans popping up, seemingly overnight, and I can't help but think of all the trouble I had to go through to get my clan started. Forget the 50k barrier; a good booster and some of the rampant pharming going on now and you can theoretically have a clan in under 24 hours. I find it extremely disturbing that there are really no qualification or restrictions on what constitutes an Official Clan. We've been trying to solve this problem for a long time, too long in fact. A community where different parts can simply be grafted on without any input from other members is not a sound one. I understand that these new players have the right to be "somewhere," but I don't think that should be a ticket to unchecked growth of pointless clans.

A number restriction is not what is needed, in my opinion. What we need is quality control. Under the old system of community support, one really had to fight to earn official status for a clan. I have no problem with having a hundred clans, as long as each of them is active and was formed on a good premise with deep thought and consideration put into its creation.

The only thing I've seen is a retrogressive trend that is spawning these ill-conceived clans with no motive and no feeling. There are good clans waiting to be born and I find it demeaning that their successes should be watered down alongside the numerous other empty associations popping up on a daily basis.

I realize that this post will most likely not change any of the practices, and will no doubt earn me my share of neg-rep from the newer members, but you should understand this:

My aim is not to see you fail. I am not a vainglorious person out to shut down emergent clans and ideas. I want to see you succeed, greatly, gloriously, so that you can be Proud in what you have accomplished and comport yourselves with honor.

Think of my opinion what you will, but perhaps a review of the current system is what we really need.

-Lord_Inquisitor, Founder and Leader of the Inquisition

~I refute the conventions of mortal existence. It is much more enjoyable to be a god.~
I think MBK should go through all the clans and pm the leaders, they should pm the leader if they still want to keep the clan or not. I've seen so many in-active clans and also some have been destroyed (SXC, etc.) This will clear out some clans and make room for more to come in (my clan) I think that it should stay at 50k for server and 20k for oficial, in my clan their is no one with a toribooster and it's real hard to get tc these days for us, I am working my ass off making textures and heads to sell so I can get my clan oficial and also get a server for us. Just go with the idea of the pming the leaders thing above.

... Vlatko
\.\.\.\3rd DanBlackBelt/./././
Vvvvlatkos back ;D!!
Well I must admit that I had my doubts when only half of the new clans knew that they actually got their own board. Tells a tale of bad organization.

And what happens when a clan dies? They've still payed for the server, what defines death? The monopolization server is still up, the same applies to Ark. So it's just like that, clans can't die anymore?