ES Recruitment Drive
Do you guys have a suggestion for a good secondary weapon? I only use the stug but it ends up blowing me up sometimes because I just spam it. Looking for something a little bit safer.
Originally Posted by Pidda View Post
Do you guys have a suggestion for a good secondary weapon? I only use the stug but it ends up blowing me up sometimes because I just spam it. Looking for something a little bit safer.

I personally use the acrid more than anything else. The poison DoT is a really nice thing to have in higher level missions. (In my opinion)
When I played it was marelok for sure. Modded right with a few formas and I could one shot anything below T4. T4 stuff still only took 2-3 shots before 30 mins of survival.
Read the Market Rules
In #Support: [19:53] <@firebolty> StileCheat: Did you try this?: would you lick onima's pussy clean for 10,000 dollars
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Angstrum(Crazy crowd control but the incredibly wide blast radius and unholdable charge up time will get you killed),
Akbolto(One of the highest damage and most reliable guns in the game),
Castanas(Fairly good electricity damage that archs to nearby targets, not ideal for super high tier missions but they're great nonetheless)
Marelok(Undeniably one of the top 5 best guns in the game, high damage, fairly fast firing speed, short reload time and pretty good accuracy)
Acrid(My personal favorite gun in the game, you can melt t4 enemies in just a couple shots due to the crazy tick damage and innate elemental type means elemental mods will have much higher effect)
Embolist(Higher damage, shorter range Ignis with a better elemental type)
Despair(If you want a throwing type weapon that isn't explosive it's between this and the Hikou Prime, I'd say get these if you plan on taking the time to aim for weak spots because these will reward you far more generously)
Hikou Prime(If aiming isn't your forte and you still want to be putting out some of the highest DPS in the game then these are for you, coupling firing speed, good damage)
Brakk(Think shotgun, close range version of the Marelok, really high damage but extreme damage fall off at medium to long distances)
Detron(Basically the brakk except it has travel time and less damage, but it has no damage fall off and the travel time is negligible)
Wraith Twin Vipers(Crazy High Firerate and great damage, absolute garbage ammo economy)

these are pretty much the only reasonable choices for secondary weapons right now other than the stug which you've previously mentioned

on another note i am now rank 14
Last edited by millie; Nov 25, 2014 at 02:07 PM.
Originally Posted by Orko View Post
Angstrum(Crazy crowd control but the incredibly wide blast radius and unholdable charge up time will get you killed),
Akbolto(One of the highest damage and most reliable guns in the game),
Castanas(Fairly good electricity damage that archs to nearby targets, not ideal for super high tier missions but they're great nonetheless)
Marelok(Undeniably one of the top 5 best guns in the game, high damage, fairly fast firing speed, short reload time and pretty good accuracy)
Acrid(My personal favorite gun in the game, you can melt t4 enemies in just a couple shots due to the crazy tick damage and innate elemental type means elemental mods will have much higher effect)
Embolist(Higher damage, shorter range Ignis with a better elemental type)
Despair(If you want a throwing type weapon that isn't explosive it's between this and the Hikou Prime, I'd say get these if you plan on taking the time to aim for weak spots because these will reward you far more generously)
Hikou Prime(If aiming isn't your forte and you still want to be putting out some of the highest DPS in the game then these are for you, coupling firing speed, good damage)
Brakk(Think shotgun, close range version of the Marelok, really high damage but extreme damage fall off at medium to long distances)
Detron(Basically the brakk except it has travel time and less damage, but it has no damage fall off and the travel time is negligible)
Wraith Twin Vipers(Crazy High Firerate and great damage, absolute garbage ammo economy)

these are pretty much the only reasonable choices for secondary weapons right now other than the stug which you've previously mentioned

on another note i am now rank 14

I'd like to point out that the hikou prime (while it does have a high fire rate) doesn't have one of the highest DPS outputs in the game, it's got good damage, but it's far from end-game weapons.
--------------
EDIT: Actually there's a few things that aren't really true.

The only really good secondaries in that list is the Brakk, Acrid & marelock. Everything else is really up to preference and the mission type you're running. But the three I listed would far surpass the other weapons. (Maybe excluding the angstrum if you're doing defence, but that's about it)
Last edited by -Cyri-; Nov 25, 2014 at 03:06 PM.
why tho
all of those weapons are usable at end game except the embolist

and theres really no point in discussing end game, it's virtually non-existant, and all of those weapons would do perfectly fine at end game, but it's all up to preference

sure you could run around with the dragon nikana, brakk and boltor prime but that's no fun

and yes, the hikou prime does have one of the highest dps outputs in the game
Originally Posted by Orko View Post
all of those weapons are usable at end game except the embolist

and theres really no point in discussing end game, it's virtually non-existant, and all of those weapons would do perfectly fine at end game, but it's all up to preference

sure you could run around with the dragon nikana, brakk and boltor prime but that's no fun

and yes, the hikou prime does have one of the highest dps outputs in the game

~End-game (as it stands) is generally far into T4 (defence/survival/etc)

~Personally I find the dragon nikana/boltor prime to be incredibly overused. I can't stand using them anymore.

~I've had the hikou prime for a long time and the only good thing about them that I've found is the high status chance. Could be wrong though, I never really put time into putting several forma into it to max it's potential.
why tho
End game any weapon is valid, it's down to how much forma you toss on them, how you mod it & how good you are.
There's top tier troll players rocking the MK1 Braton, Lato & Skana end game because they forma'd the shit outa them & play like gods. Hell Forma aside I'm willing to bet they could do pretty well in high level missions with the old starter gear anyway.

Best advise: Find a weapon that suits you play style & mod the fuck outa it. Level up others for rank, but you'll always end up going back to what you're most comfortable with, even if it's not top tier.

\o/ DUAL ETHER MASTER RACE \o/

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
I ended up going with the angstrum as my new secondary. I still die but I cant say no to explosions. Also I ended up formaing the Supra 6 times just because I liked the sound it makes when it shoots.