Toribash
Original Post
HawkeyeTFA Drawing showcase
Heeeey.

I tough it would be cool to share my work with the forum.

So i'm Hawk, i've been drawing since i was 8/9 years old, now i'm 15 and i'm gettin better and better (Or atleast i think so ).

Recently i've been looking forward to start digital art.

I would like some feedback and CnC about my work

Thank ya'

Finished Stuff

Re-worked

Breakdance Guy 25/02/16

Simon Walking away 2015

Toothless is so cute <3 2015

Attempt to do a elf, for a friend =P 2015

Drawing & Work in Progress

HawkeyeTFA Character WIP 2015

HawkeyeTFA Character Sketch 2015

Row Row fight the powa 2015

Hawkeye Character Combo'ing 2015

Female Elf sketch 2015

Bad boy WIP 2015

Peacefull Wallpaper WIP 2015

Christmas Kitsune 2015

At the moment im Drawing on paper and using Paint Tool SAI for the recolor and stuff (If someone have tips with Paint Tool, then help me please ;~;)

By the way English ain't my mother language, i'm french.
Last edited by HawkeyeTFA; Feb 26, 2016 at 06:25 PM.
French Player, Old member of OFRO
I'm not good at giving CnC, but since so ask me so I'm gonna try.

Hmm...I think you need to work with the anatomy again. Try to demonstrate a pose you want to draw in front of a mirror or you can search some pose reference on internet. Although anime style usually has a weird anatomy proportion, you still need a real life anatomy knowledge too.

Don't be hesitant when work on a shading, try to playing with the layer opacity, usually I use 50% opacity using a black color. You can try to using a solid shading before using a soft shading, in my opinion solid shading is more easier to do.

In PaintTool SAI there's a tool called Pressure if you're using Linework Layer, it's really usefull to make your line looks natural even if you're only using a mouse.

Maybe that's all for now.
[Steam] [Art] [Music]
I never tough about using layer opacity...Thanks for that tips.

I will try to use the pressure tool too. ^.^
Why does anime elf girl have soggy old women legs and deformed body, I suggest you start learning how to make anime eyes how to sketch the face then you shouls go for the body etc
-----
Try doing this but without using a pen

Sketch 1

Sketch 2

Sketch 3

And you have a head!! Ill show you eyes tommorow on my phone
Last edited by yoshiman60; Dec 10, 2015 at 05:27 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump

Channel - ok
Originally Posted by yoshiman60 View Post
Why does anime elf girl have soggy old women legs and deformed body, I suggest you start learning how to make anime eyes how to sketch the face then you shouls go for the body etc

Thanks Captain Hindsight.

Anyways, It's, well, decent.
You do decent on the shading, which is something I have troubles with sometimes. But the limbs seem distorted a bit. The lines aren't very straight and are a bit jagged.

Watch your proportion of when you make eyes and what not. That eye that is sticking out on your elf is very big. Plus the head is very narrow (how most of your heads are). Also, be careful with your black distinct lines. Makes them seem older.
Last edited by WeooWeoo; Dec 7, 2015 at 07:03 AM.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Also when you sketch your head in digital art just make another layer above it and draw the face properties etc

Channel - ok
Also when you sketch your head in digital art just make another layer above it and draw the face properties etc

I'd be very concerned if he wasn't doing that before hand, yoshi. I think he was.

I'm actually doing some sketche on paper then i'll draw my stuff.

And after i just scan and work my drawing using Paint tool sai.

By the way, thanks all for the CnC, and the tips ^^.
Like I said. Be careful with your facial proportions, and how you shape the body parts.

You have the shading down, which is very impressive. That's just the stuff I can't stress enough. You'll get better, just keep at it.
-----
Try doing this but without using a pen

Sketch 1

Sketch 2

Sketch 3

And you have a head!! Ill show you eyes tommorow on my phone

I'm sorry, but this seems very confusing. Even for me, Yoshi.

Try this:

Anime Style

Human Style

These are images I've used that helped me when sketching heads.

Face Development

This is a neat little step by step on how to draw a face with better proportion.

I don't do a lot of human sketches. I do more anime stuff. Which kind of breaks these laws. But it also doesn't. ;)

Anyways, I wish you luck. PM me if you need anything.
Last edited by WeooWeoo; Dec 8, 2015 at 07:15 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump