ES Recruitment Drive
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Original Post
Article 13
(SKIP THIS PART IF YOU KNOW WHAT ARTICLE 13 IS!!!)

So... Article 13 was aprooved in the UE... and that will change the lifes of the people that live there (like me for example)...
Now you ask "But Dextile... that has nothing to do with Toribash!!!" But my friend... yes it has...
Allow me to explain you... If you don't know... Article 13 will basically end all the social networks in Europe (like Youtube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter...), and it will affect Google in Europe has well... It will remove the large majority of the images from Google Images and more.

(The main topic starts here!!!)

Welcome to this trend my friends!!!

Today I'm going to talk about how Article 13 will affect Toribash (And online gaming)

So, Toribash is an online game that can be played by downloading it from the main site or from Steam...
Has far has my knowledge goes, I think EU players will not be able to play Toribash (Unless they change something until the article gets applied).
But maybe you are asking "Dextile you dumb piece of sh**, Toribash is not a social media or a sharing platform you fu***** idiot!!!".
Yes, the game is not a sharing platform, BUT THE FORUM IS!!!

The forum is one of the main reasons people like to play Toribash.
This forum has a really good and diverse community and provides us all kinds of different trends and topics within our community.
With Article 13 the forum will basically die because EU players (like me) will not be able to access it (and if we were, we would not be able to post something that had an image on it)

Now you ask again "BUT DEXTILE IF YOU TAKE A SCREENSHOT THE IMAGE IS TECHNICALLY YOURS!!!"
Yes it is mine, BUT I don't have the "copyright license" of the game I'm playing.

For example, you want to post a pic of your Fortnite "Victory Royale" on Twitter, YOU JUST CAN'T!!!
The screenshot is legally yours, but the content on that screenshot isn't.
Basically if you don't own a license from Epic Games you can't post that pic, AND THE SAME IS APLIED TO TORIBASH!!!
This will kill the forum and the large majority of the community.

Now about the game it self...
As I already said, Toribash is a downloadable game, so it will not be available in the EU, because of the search restrictions we are going to have.
Toribash has copyright...