Ranking
View Poll Results: Is this interesting/helpful?
Yes
14 Votes / 45.16%
No
0 Votes / 0%
You're a moron
6 Votes / 19.35%
Never post again uninstall pls
11 Votes / 35.48%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
THE [BIG]GEST AIKIDO GUIDE YET: BY TEMPLE
Toribash Rundown: How to manipulate the physics of the Aikido mod and why this is important.

Hi hello hi. I'm here because I'm a wannabe Toribash player who thinks he has a few tips to pass on to new players that may ease the introduction period in aikido a bit. These tips may be applicable in other mods as well. I dunno, I don't play other mods very often. Well, time to get started I suppose.

Please make note of this thing of pure AWESOME (created by Fear and Qubic, but I can’t find the version that was updated by Qubic, so this’ll have to do). It helped me immeasurably. You guys are the best, Fear, Qubic.

Aikido: Aikido in Toribash is a rather popular mod, likely the most popular out there. To understand the mod, you have to understand why certain things will not work in this mod, and why other things work particularly well. To start this off, I'll state the conditions you play under. Aikido is played at -30 gravity, with 350 total match frames and staggered turn frames in the form of 10, 20, 20, and 30. Dq, Dm, and fracs are all turned on, and the threshold for fracs is 200, with Dms being 325. This means that it requires a harder hit to dm than to frac. The engage distance in Aikido is 90, with a 15 reaction time being the standard. Right, all that technical shpeel is done with.

Wait I lied. Definitions!

Dq- Disqualification
Dm- Dungeon Ma- I mean… Dismemberment. Heh.
Frac- Fracture (when the joint goes all purple)
Match frames- Total amount of frames in a match.
Turn frames- The amount of frames gone through in a turn.
Threshold- The amount of force needed on a specific joint to cause a specific reaction.
Engage distance- How far away from the other player you start.
Reaction time- How fast your joints take to react to your commands.
Mana- How much magica-… I got off topic again.

Now it’s all done.

Part 1: Introduction

Part 2: Basic Physics and why you need to know this

Part 3: Joint Dynamics

WIP. (More pictures, more sections to come, Part three is incomplete, needs visual aids and more in-depth coverage, but if I don't post what I have I never will.)
Last edited by Templar; Jun 14, 2017 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Holy shit these spoilers are fucking annoying.
FREE-SPEECH CAUSE FUCK YOU
ONLY COMMIES CHANGE AVVYS
tl;dr, bud
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???
Tl;dr: I hate Tl;dr's. Also thanks guys, If you see anything I can improve on or cover better, please let me know, I plan to expand this heavily and in great detail at a later point.
Last edited by Templar; Jan 8, 2016 at 05:07 AM.
FREE-SPEECH CAUSE FUCK YOU
ONLY COMMIES CHANGE AVVYS
Fantastic job bub
"do it again and i'll insert my giant watermelon dick into your cornhole" ~ Smaguris
hey did anyone ever read this
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???