Ranking
Original Post
how do u start photoshop
okay so im at the photoshop its downloaded and i have a free trial but i can start to make textures i dont know how to start making them can u please show me how i have cs4 extended
thnx novi but i cant even find out how to open a white square with 128x128 i dont no how i downloaded cs4 but i cant start to make a head texture

i got teh free 30 day trial
Last edited by Dexxy; Dec 29, 2009 at 07:24 PM.
If you're completely new at Photoshop, it may take some time to become proficient. Photoshop is a very technical tool that is built for professional use, and so it's geared towards people who have taken courses on its use.

You may want to google some basic photoshop tutorials if that is the case, just to get you started.

However, just to get your image correctly started.

1. Go to the 'File' drop-down menu
2. Select "New"
3. A dialog box will come up asking you what sizes, etc you want the image and in what color mode.
4. Edit the values to 128 pixels for both height and width. Resolution should be fine at 72 pixels per inch. You want RGB color mode. CMYK is for printing, generally.
5. Choose White for your background contents, unless you'd like to attempt transparency (that's a tad advanced for you though).

hit 'OK' and you should be good to go.
Last edited by Brainstorm; Dec 29, 2009 at 07:27 PM.
i go into a folder and photoshop is there then i click on it and there is a open document saying read me i have to read it i read it and now i dun no wat to do i cant find new howdo i take a screen shot of it cuz i dun no how so i can show u
Last edited by Dexxy; Dec 29, 2009 at 07:31 PM.
You need to install it (try finding the setup.exe file if you haven't done this yet), and after it's installed, you should have a shortcut that looks like this...

Once you double click that, Photoshop will open, and you'll be able to create a new image, just the same as if you were creating a new word document, or new image in another program like MSPaint.

Once you do that in photoshop, you should get this.... just copy the settings I have here...

Originally Posted by Dexxy View Post
i dont have money right now so i got the trial for 30 dayz its working

Use your 30 day trial, and then while you save up to buy it (it's worth it... and go for a student copy, it's much cheaper) you can use a program like GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program)

You can find GIMP here.

It's very similar to Photoshop, but it's free.