Ranking
Original Post
Ranking changes
I'm updating our ranking system. Rankings will reset every month and only some servers will have ranking enabled on them.

Whats new from today:
- Only selected servers will be ranked. "This is a ranked server")
- Before ranked matches you'll get a message. "This is a ranked match (#rank vs #rank)"
- I've enabled ranking on the tourney1-8 servers. Admins can put ranking on any server they please.

Whats coming:
- On the 1st of August I'll clear the current rankings. Yes, all rankings will reset.

On the last of the month will be able to have special events for the best players of that month.

This is still in development so if you have any suggestions feel free to post in this thread.
Last edited by hampa; Jul 27, 2015 at 09:30 AM.
Suggestion #1: Ranking tab in the forum, perhaps. ^^ with some cool statistics! (got tons of ideas)

Question #1: I know tournaments have different minbelt requirements. So, might it affect the ranks in a negative way? Let's say a green belt having rank 20 since he is beating up all the other low belts. Just a thought!

Suggestion #2: I think this is very important.

Look at the public rooms, there is a mod for judo/twinsword/jousting.
These are very fast paced mods compared to the others. They are also not as
competitive aikido.tbm/lenshu3ng/TK/rk-mma.

My suggestion would be to compile a serious list of COMPETITIVE mods and set them as RANKED. Of-course, there still should be public servers for the other mods(judo etc..), just not RANKED.
Your messed up world enthrills me
I was thinking the other day about the idea of private matches not counting for points so I can practice with friends.
Hopefully this will reward more the players that do good and play the game more often if the rankings reset.

thanks!
Shouldn't it just be an option to turn off ranked matches instead?

This way people can still play with friends and rank up as normal but they have a choice whether or not they want it to be ranked or not. Like if I'm fuckin' around in meatspin3 or something with a buddy of mine I could just pop in a command into chat and disable rankings so that it won't effect my rank when I purposefully decap myself with the pole. Other wise it would be as normal in a private server, where it still counts towards your rank. I just type in something like /ranking on/off. In my opinion it should be like this. They could still have the best ranked people fight at the end of each month but for the people that want to turn off the ranking system while goofing around, they can turn off the ranking for their private server.
Stay Fluffy My Friends | I do loans and shit
Founder of [ROT] | Destroyer of Anus
Originally Posted by WeooWeoo View Post
Hm.. This honestly bothers and confuses me... But I think it'll make more sense once it's put into effect.

So, the people with the best rank for that month will be in some sort of event, and the winner gets a prize of some sort? Please tell me if I am missing something.

Gm's are now discussing this, and ways to make it work. Nothing about that is set in stone.
We would LIKE to be able to do something for the top tier players from that month, but working out how to do it and which servers the ranks come from.

Originally Posted by Bercat View Post
Shouldn't it just be an option to turn off ranked matches instead?

This just invites farmers through the front door. You've basically cooked them a hot meal, sat them down and are giving them a backrub.

Originally Posted by William"
Suggestion #1: Ranking tab in the forum, perhaps. ^^ with some cool statistics! (got tons of ideas)

Question #1: I know tournaments have different minbelt requirements. So, might it affect the ranks in a negative way? Let's say a green belt having rank 20 since he is beating up all the other low belts. Just a thought!

Suggestion #2: I think this is very important.

Look at the public rooms, there is a mod for judo/twinsword/jousting.
These are very fast paced mods compared to the others. They are also not as
competitive aikido.tbm/lenshu3ng/TK/rk-mma.

My suggestion would be to compile a serious list of COMPETITIVE mods and set them as RANKED. Of-course, there still should be public servers for the other mods(judo etc..), just not RANKED.

Ranking tab would be neato.

The mod list is something we're discussing, and one of the ideas being tossed around is just that, to compile a competitive mod list, perhaps with some fun additions sometimes.
Last edited by Erth; Jul 27, 2015 at 01:41 PM.
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
damn good one , but rip Frost rank #1 lmao .. i thing you do a good job with this one , maybe rank farming is dead sure ?
SWAVES IS THE REAL CHAMP!
Originally Posted by Erth View Post
This just invites farmers through the front door. You've basically cooked them a hot meal, sat them down and are giving them a backrub.

I honestly don't think making a few rinky dink ranked servers and trying to withhold the ranking ability from the community is going to fly too well. And if someone wants to farm with a friend on one of these empty ranked servers, there is nothing going to stop them. My point is, is that people are always going to find a way to cheat, it is inevitable. Even if they do farm, what's the point? The ranks will reset every month and like hampa said before, "If you play and win all day every day for a whole month I think you deserve to be in the high ranks that month."

My idea stands as alpha.

Even if a farmer makes it to the finals or whatever they are at the end of the month, we'll just have the legitimate good players squash them.
Last edited by Bercat; Jul 27, 2015 at 01:55 PM.
I honestly don't think making a few rinky dink ranked servers and trying to withhold the ranking ability from the community is going to fly too well. And if someone wants to farm with a friend on one of these empty ranked servers, there is nothing going to stop them. My point is, is that people are always going to find a way to cheat, it is inevitable. Even if they do farm, what's the point? The ranks will reset every month and like hampa said before, "If you play and win all day every day for a whole month I think you deserve to be in the high ranks that month."

My idea stands as alpha.

Nothing is 100 percent cheat proof, but this will limit cheating by a lot!

The thing is as you know..anyone can join public room. So the masterplan of these two friends wouldn't last long at all! It is much better than the current system and surely better than your suggestion.

It's going to a better direction even if not perfect, and you can't argue with that.

Originally Posted by Erth View Post

Ranking tab would be neato.

The mod list is something we're discussing, and one of the ideas being tossed around is just that, to compile a competitive mod list, perhaps with some fun additions sometimes.

Yep, that sounds great. ^^
Finally i won't be in one tourney with those pros. Time to farm the noobs!
GOD
Originally Posted by William View Post
It's going to a better direction even if not perfect, and you can't argue with that.

I don't really care about this change or whatever. I'm just defending the people that would like to compete in dueling servers and what not competitively instead of being ranked about the equivalent of a white belt swinging a dick around in the daycare mod.

#DuelersBetServerersAndSociallyIneptCompetitivePla yersArePeopleToo
-----
Originally Posted by Fairfang View Post
Finally i won't be in one tourney with those pros. Time to farm the noobs!

If you're talking about my suggestion, you can go do that right now, because it seems like nothing would change besides the fact that people could switch competitive on and off in a private server.

I'm trying to prevent all of the competitive players from being piled in an overcrowded orgy of others in a single server. Either there are going to need to be a metric shit ton of ranked servers or they are going to be overrun with people trying to get in.
Last edited by Bercat; Jul 27, 2015 at 02:14 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I don't really care about this change or whatever. I'm just defending the people that would like to compete in dueling servers and what not competitively instead of being ranked about the equivalent of a white belt swinging a dick around in the daycare mod.

#DuelersBetServerersAndSociallyIneptCompetitivePla yersArePeopleToo
-----

the mod thing will be taken care of.

as for the dueling thing, i don't see why there shouldn't be RANKED dueling servers.

in the end, you want to change the whole system just for your needs, sorry but it sounds silly.