Ranking
Originally Posted by Shock View Post
Racism should bother everyone. The idea that someone could be unable to feel safe certain places, be less likely for x thing, or have to be 'scared' of another race simply because of the amount melanin in their skin makes me sick.

However, as I was telling violet the other day, I don't let the n word itself bother me as a black person. The word just doesn't have an effect even if it were to be thrown out in a negative context. I'm all for it in the endearment sense but I don't see why I should let it have power over me.

I think what my boi DGRK is saying is that people, nowadays, are pulling out the race card out when there ain't no goddamn reason to pull it out.

Some people just don't think good. They don't consume the /substance/ of what's presented to them, they only scratch at the surface level. From their surface-level scratchings, they wind up having shitty conclusions - Like "blarghh racism, blarghg".

Some people /do/ seem to do this purposely, knowing better, but there's also the sad reality that there's many more out there doing it unconsciously. Looking for something to blame.

people gonna people