ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
More Economy Problems
So it turns out that yesterday the government printed 13 trillion dollars to bail itself out, this was the government's last ditch effort to get itself going back to normal but it greatly reduced the value of US currency meaning that we are "that" much closer to going into the depression. In fact we are technically in the depression right now, so start spending even less money than you already are or just get a bunch of gold right now.
Yay inflation.

You know, this very much affects the rest of the world too. I'm very glad I already seized the opportunity and got myself a job for the summer, because the authorities suspect that the majority of the businesses in Norway will be hiring considerably less part-time workers and working students to best cope with the financial crisis and avoid negative repercussions.
i dont think it counts as a depression until a year or two goes by, but ya we might be soon
The worst is still to come, though you can can feel the difference already coming to visit Ukraine: 60% devaluation of national currency during only 5 months. So americans are nothing to complain about, nobody will die from famine.
I gotta wonder how long will this inflation last?
I have left Toribash, but will drop in occasionally on the forums and IRC. Still in Sigma.
~2-3 years, depending on dumbness of US government. Continue printing bucks and you will longer inflation. Dollar is a world clown-currency which is not supported with production or gold/brilliant supply of USA, so it's overpriced because of huge reputation and power of America. But all suffer, and especially not americans.
Originally Posted by Ratatat View Post
~2-3 years, depending on dumbness of US government. Continue printing bucks and you will longer inflation. Dollar is a world clown-currency which is not supported with production or gold/brilliant supply of USA, so it's overpriced because of huge reputation and power of America. But all suffer, and especially not americans.

Well...crap...
I have left Toribash, but will drop in occasionally on the forums and IRC. Still in Sigma.
The world is pretty much fucked up right now. A large part of it. And it'll get worse. If you think America is doomed and fucked, you really don't want to see what is happening outside of it.
This is what happens when one greedy nation controls the economic power leaving many others dependent on it.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
DP's post made me laugh. The infraction wasn't necessary, Stone, it was slightly on topic :P

Anyways, I'm STILL trying to find a job. I can't find shit, and if I don't get one soon, I'll never get one until I get out of college. I'm probably going to keep mowing lawns until July, when I turn 17 and can finally apply to work at Gamestop.

Power to the players, bitches.
He's right though Canada isnt doing any worse than normal right now