Ranking
Original Post
Books
Yes. Books.

I'm starting to get into reading. I usually have a bit of free time where I can't play any games like my 1 hour trip to school. So I started reading a bit. I've finished the first Deltora series (lolinorite) and the Maximum Ride series and a friend suggested Cherub.

So anyway suggest and discuss about books (preferably series) to read.

Also, I couldn't post this thread without choosing an icon. I really didn't want to choose one but...

List:

- Discworld by Terry Pratchett (Guards! Guards!, A Hatfull of sky, Jingo, Men at arms, Mort, Pyramids : (the book of going forth), Small gods, Strata, Thief of time, The Truth, Wyrd Sisters)
- The Black Magician Trilogy (High Lord) It's the only book they have
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley (I actually gotta read this for my English class)
- Michael Crichton (Prey)
- Catch-22
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky (The Brothers Karamazov, Crime and punishment, The Devils, The House of the Dead)
- F. Scott Fitzgerald (The Great Gatsby)
- J.D. Salinger (The Catcher in the rye, For Esme - with Love and Squalor, Franny and Zooey

Bolded: To be read, Italics: Read or reading. If your book isn't on the list, I probably can't find it. Conveniently, I can search the library over the internet.
Last edited by DeeJayy741; Mar 23, 2009 at 07:36 AM.
I read books from romania, and i don't their names in English, i read alice in wonder land, and Jules' Verne books, and i like very ,much, Mark twain's books!
Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels are heartily recommended for anyone who likes satire, and even if you don't you should at least try one. My favorites are Reaperman, Soul Music and Hogfather.
Never compromise.
I'm still reading Brisingr, from the Inheritance Cycle (Eragon, Eldest & Brisingr).
My favorite book I've ever read was "Helter Skelter" It's the story of the Manson murders, very, VERY interesting read.
This is the Emergency Alert System. All normal programming has been discontinued during this emergency.
Hmm now im reading ,,The Magician's Apprentice", prequel of The Black Magician Trilogy ( ,,The Magicians Guild" ; ,,The Novice" ; ,,The High Lord")
retired
I'm reading Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley.

A very interesting novel about the future as envisioned by the author; it's one of those that really makes your mind boggle.
Terry Prattchet totally rocks. Also you should takke a look at the lord of the rings, or The Witcher ( I am not sure if you will be able to buy it, because 2 years ago it was only in my homeland language, and it was translated to make game more famous)
||Donate me ^^|| Proud member of [Addicted]||10th DAN||Buy TC here!
I just read Prey, by michael crichton, it was pretty good.

2001: a space odyssey is a classic, and I also enjoyed rendezvous with rama.
On 18, 2008 of the year August, we shall have tea. The following day we eat anyone wearing purple clothes. Then we get into tanks, drive a mile away from each other, and start firing random shells into the air. First one to hit the other tank gets a 5 second head start in the 1 legged race.

In the one legged race, you will be hogtied and forced to compete in the Boston marathon using your penis only. We shall also set down bear traps, landmines, barbed wire, and floating thumbs. Your penis will be painted to resemble an illusion that looks like a 3-D steak; as a result, several Dobermen and Rottweilers we will be taking for a walk that morning which have been starved the previous week may attack.