Ranking
Original Post
Crap! Windows Fans Will Be Shocked! (Extreme fraggin' going on here'bouts)

discuss...
So you managed to frag your computer really bad? Big deal??
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
kinda its problem w hen fragmentation is 10%
normal is 1%
i got 60%
Means that files are split up on the hard drive. So reading them requires skipping around, which is bad for the reader and also how long it takes.

How did you even get it that way? Even with lots of installing, uninstalling, crashes, and moving files around on my old laptop, I mean old old, the files never needed defragmenting.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
How did you even get it that way? Even with lots of installing, uninstalling, crashes, and moving files around on my old laptop, I mean old old, the files never needed defragmenting.

Well thats not quite true... NTFS is prone to fragmentation. After some years without regular defragmentation and constantly reaching the size limits, deleting, creating big files, etc.. will get your computer into a mess like that.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
hmm lets see, never de-fragmented my HDD in the 3 years of owning my PC, probably should have so I run the disk de-fragmentation, analyse --> 1%.

awesome, gogo windows, etc.
:D
Originally Posted by Blam View Post
hmm lets see, never de-fragmented my HDD in the 3 years of owning my PC, probably should have so I run the disk de-fragmentation, analyse --> 1%.

awesome, gogo windows, etc.

do you have windows vista by any chance? if so, it automatically defragments
<Shlimby> lol, no Ad, just stop seeing those melons
<ADTerminal> Sure
<Shlimby> and dont take them into ur bed at night
<ADTerminal> But it's where I keep them warm
I didn't defrag my computer for six years. Just did it the other week when I reformatted and it was at 4%.