Ranking
Original Post
[REL&WIP] Multiplayer Motorbike Racing
Hey Hey Hey, Here's my latest mod project,

Steerable Multiplayer Motorbiking!

Features:

- Low-object Design allows a very manueverable bike but enough objects left to make simple multiplayer tracks for racing.

- Adjusted Joints and Bodyparts to allow more control, aggressive steering and overall realism.

- High-end Balance System added to the Motorbike rather than the player to allow more freedom in movements by the biker.

Possibilities:

- Tracks simulating realistic motorbike racing and techniques to beat your opponent.

Tournaments such as: Attaining the highest speed in a certain amount of frames, Doing the most donuts in a certain amount of frames or Completing the track in the fastest time.

- Single Play vs. Multi Play allow many training possibilities to hone one's skills when racing opponents.

Cruise and Have a fun-time with friends just riding into the sunset and practising techniques.

Or, Race and Fight your opponent to see who is the Motoribike King!

Mini tutorial

How to steer

Hard Turn/Powerslide

The most useful yet difficult technique in the mod:

A simple way to perform this turn is by:

Step 1: Grab the Handlebars and Position yourself in a manner you're most comfortable with.(Will vary from person to person)

Step 2: In this situation, I want to perform a right turn, I contracted my left elbow and extended my left wrist to turn the handlebars to the right and did the opposite on the right arm to increase the rotation of the handlebars.

IMPORTANT: I lean left using my lumbar even though I'm turning right.

Step 3: I use the leverage gained from leaning left to lean back right and throw my weight onto the right side, to initiate the lean and turn. (This is also attained by kicking out your leg, which is also the most important part in this technique)

Step 4: I use my right leg to stabilize the turn then as soon as it contacts the ground, I use it to pivot into the right turn while the wheels drive the bike into a 90 degree turn. (This position can be held as long as needed but keep in mind that you can lose stability and fail the turn altogether if you aren't careful enough)

Step 5: After completing the desired amount of rotation in the turn, I lean back to the left side using the same technique explained in Step 2 except in the opposite direction with the lumbar leaning left and use my right leg to stabilize my balance upon the bike. (Keep in mind that you'll need to be in a good position if you plan to turn again, you can do this yourself or relax for a couple turns and most of the work will be done by itself)

And there you have it! You completed a Right Turn !

Will continue to expand on this tutorial later on

But here are the mods and a replay of the right turn performed above !

ENJOY !
Attached Files
SPBiking.tbm (2.5 KB, 211 views)
MPBiking.tbm (4.2 KB, 166 views)
Right Turn.rpl (62.2 KB, 122 views)
MPBikingBridge.tbm (4.9 KB, 144 views)
Last edited by Smilies2; Jul 8, 2009 at 04:03 AM.
Pirate: smilies, your textures kick so much ass

<~ClockworkMonkey> sometimes, you don't try really hard and things just work out

Oh man. Looks fantastic. If you could get a skate park type course going I bet some awesome replays will be made.
Havn't read it yet. But when i saw your name on the post, i had to look.
- its been a while
I plan to make courses for training and Multiplayer once enough people see this

<~ClockworkMonkey> sometimes, you don't try really hard and things just work out

Smilies mate you have once again revolutionized the toribash world with yet another great mod.
ive been waiting for a decent BMX mod to come out but next to BMX is Motocross.
Great work keep it up
|Co-Founder of iCoF|Now Using a New Account ToxWolf|
^^

Also, make a version with round wheels? just to see what its like.
- its been a while
Next up,

First MP Biking Mod: Bridge

Bikers will ride across a narrow bridge and throw their opponent into the destructive ground below.

This track emphasizes bike combat rather than racing

Mod added to the First Post

Difficulty: Easy