ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Vampiric and Zombie Duels
Vampiric dueling:

Each player starts out with set amount of points, which will rapidly decrease throughout the course of the battle
-If a players score reaches zero, the opponent will be victorious
-If you hit a player, you gain points that add to your own pool of points
-Hitting another player also steals their points
-If a player gets a dismember their points will go down by a multiplier of said parts dismembered(points * -0.25x small joints) (points * -0.5x Limbs) (points * -0.75x torso) (points * -2 Head dismemberment)

Zombie dueling: (may not be in full detail as i forgot some parts)

Each player fights like normal, except the player can regenerate severed and broken parts by breaking and severing the opponents joints

-if both players dismember the same part at the same time, they both will stay severed
-if player severs an opponent's joint, and has a broken joint his/her self, it will repair
-if a player breaks a joint and has a severed joint themselves, the severed joint wont repair
-if no joints are damaged and you sever or break an opponent's joint, the next time you get a joint broken or severed yourself, it won't repair automatically, only if damage is done while you yourself have injured or severed joint.

These are ideas that would make dueling more fun, and bring a new look to toribash. please give your honest opinion, no need to sugarcoat your own thoughts,

Special thanks to (KnC)Truth

~MarbleSage
This is amazing, I'd love it in duels, but how would it work?

imagine you get decapped, your opponent throws your head 20 feet out of the dojo and then you DM his arm, how would your head re attach back to your body?

Or what if you're grabbing your head? I don't see how the head could re attach to your body when you're grabbing your head
Hmm.... maybe instead of vampiric, there could be human dueling?

You have certain HP and when yo get hit, the HP goes down, and when it hits 0, you die and the opponent wins!
"A black belt is just a white belt that never gave up." -- Archos331
Originally Posted by Archos331 View Post

You have certain HP and when yo get hit, the HP goes down, and when it hits 0, you die and the opponent wins!

just get your hand between someones neck and shoulder and keep contracting and extending your wrist, wouldn't that be kind of unfair?

I believe what she meant about the vampiric dueling is that when you hit someone you sap away their points much like a vampire saps away life.
THE MEME I BESTOW TO YOU LEAVE ~ TRITON
Originally Posted by StinkyNice View Post
just get your hand between someones neck and shoulder and keep contracting and extending your wrist, wouldn't that be kind of unfair?

Well doesn't the same rule apply to getting points in any other mod? Anyways even if you manage to do that the other player can still inflict the same if not more points.
Last edited by Truth; Nov 24, 2014 at 05:23 AM.
I still think this is a fun idea. Might be a little tricky doing the coding (or whatever mod makers would use for it.) for it but would be worth it.
THE MEME I BESTOW TO YOU LEAVE ~ TRITON

It would be more or less like Minibash... only thing is you can dismember other joints apart from the head

Back to the zombie duel, the regenerating parts would be coloured in green and it would need 15 frames to regenerate a joint (head, elbow,shoulder,etc.) which will make the joint disappear and appear like nothing happened, but here's the trick: if you get split, you can't regenerate even if you do the same to your opponent. If you get boomhitted, only one random joint will reappear, and if a green joint gets dismembered again, it cannot regenerate. shits gone real m8
[ http://imgur.com/R0qHnXP ] - - - How to pronounce my name (ikr): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUeiX2bPgwY
I'd like to see it, yes, but take into account the ammount of coding this requires. Not only to mention the post above, toribash cant register something called a "boomhit", you would have to make a line of code where a <Set> ammount of joints are dismembered, then that happens.
[Nitro]| [TFF]|[TMO]"Jet beams don't melt steel fuel"~Bercat.
"01000001 01100010 01110010 01100001 01111000 01100001 01110011 "
I don't quite get what the zombie thing is and how it would work with dm's. unless you just mean the dm'd arm on the ground would just fly back up to you.

I like the vampire idea but it doesn't seem like something that would be done by developers, ask a mod maker and see if they could make something close to what you're asking for.