Ranking
Original Post
Unable to grab with a fractured Wrist
I think being unable to grab with a fractured is a cool feature because you wont have enough power to grab with you wrist broken in real life would it?
Bringer of Hell
Do you actually think about this stuff in practice? Any grappling mod wouldn't be fun and mods with a low dm threshold would loose most of there skill aspect. It sounds cool but wouldn't be that much fun.
I don't like military time, I prefer metric or imperial.
Originally Posted by thebaddas View Post
Do you actually think about this stuff in practice? Any grappling mod wouldn't be fun and mods with a low dm threshold would loose most of there skill aspect. It sounds cool but wouldn't be that much fun.

There's a game rule for that matter.
Bringer of Hell
I figured you'd say that.
Toribash has a custom point system for mod makers its not used any ware because its basically useless and there was a way to turn off zombie limbs and no one uses it. This would end up like those.
Last edited by kr0mus; Sep 20, 2014 at 08:50 AM.
I don't like military time, I prefer metric or imperial.
Originally Posted by thebaddas View Post
I figured you'd say that Toribash has a custom point system for mod makers its not used any ware because its basically useless and there was a way to turn off zombie limbs and no one uses it.

Uhh What? What do you mean?
Bringer of Hell
He means that in mods you can disable the ability to move your joints after they've been detached from your main body.
Ex. if you kick off my arm at the shoulder, I can no longer move my elbow and wrist and then grab you for points.
Same general thing would happen with this since fractures are fairly common, and the inability to grab would just ruin gameplay since if you were about to win and your wrist got fractured, you lost your grip, instant loss. No one likes loosing, unless they're just messing around.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
I think this is a great idea. This would be cool as an optional rule, like sumo or dq. It makes sense too, in a realistic way.

It is true that this would change certain game play dynamics, but i do not see how variety can be a bad thing for TB.
aint nothing to it but to do it
yet another silly realistic "just make it an option" addition to our space gravity ragdoll physics fighting game. if you want a realistic fighting game play ufc, not to say that all realistic ideas are all bad (for example making the feet flexible), but this one is bad

-----

simply because "it would happen in real life" doesn't make it a good suggest to a game
Pushing powder down my musket so I may smite another opp.
I put a switch and a beam on my blunderbuss, your hood is not safe.
Originally Posted by mwah View Post
yet another silly realistic "just make it an option" addition to our space gravity ragdoll physics fighting game. if you want a realistic fighting game play ufc, not to say that all realistic ideas are all bad (for example making the feet flexible), but this one is bad

-----

simply because "it would happen in real life" doesn't make it a good suggest to a game

I don't think this is a silly suggestion. This is a realistic game because of the level of interaction, and customization of moves you have with the character. Most mods have toris with human joint design. The range of motion each joint has is based in realism. If your elbow or knee breaks, it will flop around. If your wrist breaks it will flop, but your hand should continue to work?

Originally Posted by Zero View Post
in a game where you can move without a head, there's no making it "realistic"

This explains the popularity of realistic sets, and sparring replays.

---
If toribash had no new additions, I would continue to enjoy it. Just because it may be an "unnecessary" embellishment does not make something bad. Part of brainstorming is letting as many ideas develop as possible. The main thing we should judge is if its worth doing or not.
aint nothing to it but to do it