ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Overcoming mapping.
Heyo. This is a preview of my current project. (and why I haven't been making many textures.) Basically the goal of the project consists of trying to create an autobuilding-ish template/action. where you will be able to draw without worrying about the weird mapping and trying to get your seams to line up. I've made a hand template that I like reasonably well and a foot template that isnt quite as perfect as i want it to be. now im working on the other harder to map parts. (torso )

this saves countless time trying to match up seams and get proportions right. all you have to do is draw on the right hand side. move the layers around a bit (actions) draw some more. then export it to the standard template.

hand preview

basic thoughts and more ideas are welcome!

for the ps script kiddies that may not be in GATA:
if anyone knows how to make a ps script to export a layer using the layersize not the canvas size, and save it into a new .psd (and .png and tga perhaps) file using the layer name, that would be sooo awesome. (monobi made me one that takes the current file name and saves it into a specific folder (#) for previewing to bypass the prompt for exporting to .tga in photoshop so im guessing it can be done somehow but im ignorant. )
Last edited by 13chillz; Aug 30, 2013 at 11:15 PM.
I used to do this with heads, but for hands it was just a bother :P Nice to see someone taking the time to get it working ( ^-^)-b
aha. major obstacle down. As messy as my script is it works, i can now save any layer as the layer name in psd png and tga in separate file locations
suggestions/experience wanted for how people go about mapping a seamless torso. this is so im not creating my template unnecessarily difficult or unusable.
yea the way i currently have it set up its a sleight offshoot from that. just trying to remove some of the steps and also adding in steps to make it seamless going up the torso not just around each piece. especially on the edges/sides.