Toribash
Original Post
previous event continuation?
while snooping around i seen this. http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=331743

is this something anyone would be interested in trying to start before 2013 is over? :S

I could donate a bit and if we needed more I could do a couple requests to get more TC. or we could let there be two groups, donators and artists, where the top three donators get the top three heads and the TC would be split in some way 60% 25% 15% or something like that to encourage more entries and donations.
Let's just make TEXTUREMAKERS CHALLENGE 2013 and choose a theme and a color palette?
Want to join GATA?Apply here
Free textures
select some colors that mixed can be everything,
I am not saying red, green and blue,
something like, greens, blues, browns, oranges, etc
200k is a good prize.
I am broke.
personally i dont know if i would like to be limited to a color palate :3 although it could create some interesting requirements.. but if 20 people joined in and all the heads were theme brown, or a couple of specific colors wouldnt they start to look the same?

Also for "theme" I would like to see what would happen if we said the texture had to be unique/original however that may actually be the definition of no theme, and that wouldnt follow the previous challenge very well.
It would be cool.
A free theme event. More chances to appear some interesting textures.
I also have a bunch of random textures and heads and all that junk that ive never sold. Could try sell some stuff if we need a kickstarter for the TC prize. Its just so much work to sell on the art board.
How about a different color palette and theme for each participant?

Like for participant #1 We give four different greens as a palette and a theme of farm animal.

Participant #2 : Orange, white: tribals

Participant #3 : desaturated red, blue : alien

etc ?

Of course we could give the same theme with different colors to different people.
Want to join GATA?Apply here
Free textures
I think it will be unfair.
Some people will stay with a good theme and colors related to it.
For example, would be crap if someone took the theme "farm animal" and the color green or blue.