Ranking
Original Post
Must be implemented! Adjustable starting positions
I have come up with a great idea. Adjustable starting poses.

Instead of always starting a match in this position:
screenshot-11-10-45-05.jpg

You could start in this position:
screenshot-11-11-31-45.jpg

If this was implemented, there would also be possibility for groundfighting mods.

An example starting position for a jiu jitsu based mod could be this:
screenshot-11-11-01-33.jpg

So what do you guys think of this? Should it be put into the game?
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle
Originally Posted by Rouxster View Post
This feature would be great for sparring and replay making

I dont think anybody is complaining about the T pose in sparring, seeing as you get rid of it in a matter of 10-20 frames. No need to change that. I agree that some of the great sparrers may find it amusing to skip the 10 frames and just begin in the position they want to, but thats a few people and a little amusment. Not much for something to be implemented into the game. Thats why you can already do it, only, its harder that what you want.

Now replay making. IMO and probably some other will agree, part of the beauty in replays is getting into the position you want to from that T pose. It brings just a small bit of challenge, and it is fun to do.
h
Originally Posted by duck View Post
I dont think anybody is complaining about the T pose in sparring, seeing as you get rid of it in a matter of 10-20 frames. No need to change that. I agree that some of the great sparrers may find it amusing to skip the 10 frames and just begin in the position they want to, but thats a few people and a little amusment. Not much for something to be implemented into the game. Thats why you can already do it, only, its harder that what you want.

Now replay making. IMO and probably some other will agree, part of the beauty in replays is getting into the position you want to from that T pose. It brings just a small bit of challenge, and it is fun to do.

and what about multiplayer mods that are played for fun rather than to compete or make a replay
Originally Posted by Augans View Post
and what about multiplayer mods that are played for fun rather than to compete or make a replay

I wasnt saying that the idea was bad, I was comenting on the points he gave about replay making and sparring.

The point you bring up is good. That could be fun.
h