Ranking
Original Post
Stance edits things
So im stance and i just got into editing things. Im new to this so bear with me. CnC would be very nice :]

If you could kindly send your
-Spars-
-Ukebashes-
-Parkours-
-Mas's-
-trickings-
-Make sure to include the mod-

I would really appreciate it.

You can suggest a song also just make sure you send a replay with it

the channel is Here

Newest video: (I dont know why the link is broke but HERE is a link to the video)

I use Adobe After Effects to edit,and OBS to record.

Newest video is updated everytime i post

Also if this thread isn't allowed here please don't infract me kindly leave a disclaimer below and I will close the thread or you can do that.
Last edited by Stance; Nov 23, 2018 at 07:31 PM.

Hi, I saw your latest edit So sad. I would say it was a 4/10 IMO. You need to work on your syncing/velocity or whatever it is called in After Effects.

Pan and crop need a lot of work too, as it is really easy to expose the edge of the clip (Void)
It wouldn't hurt if you could insert some Color correction in there as it will put more oomph into the video. I recommend watching editing guides, I'll put some guides bellow:

Good luck on your editing!

EDIT!

Here you go, some replays
Attached Files
Torix - Friction.rpl (109.8 KB, 5 views)
SparringSuq.rpl (818.8 KB, 4 views)
Spar Raven.rpl (658.5 KB, 5 views)
Spar josekilpop.rpl (815.8 KB, 3 views)
Last edited by TorixDemon; Nov 10, 2018 at 09:56 PM.

I looked saw the videos and made a edit but i messes up recording the clips. Working on a new one now.

also, what do you think of this song people of the toribash community ( i think im gonna use this for a edit)

song is here <-----

Besides that Bump

Edit:So i finished a edit i thought i put some color correction but i guess not. I did a little velocity changing in the first replay but thats about it nothing fancy

Edit is here
Last edited by Stance; Nov 17, 2018 at 02:16 AM.

Another edit. no fancy effects again but i tried to work on my transitions. I need better music to work with so Bump..

Edit is here

despite being small that is a step in the right direction.
here are some tips with examples:

-your transitions really need to be faster, they take quite a long time that they because noticable,
also, unless the transition points (keyframes) are almost identicall its better to use fade in and out or use cc to increase the light at that moment.
consider them rules that you can't break untill you learn all the basics.

example

-try using a song with a low and consistent bpm and sync the beat.
ofc you can sync according to the flow of song and ignore the beat (daskip does that all the time) but again you still need to learn the basics.

-and last but not least, try being creative with your camera angles.

oh and also use cc and rsmb, you really need to.
Aadame:I'm very signaturable
It's just no one usues my shit .
Thanks alpha! I made a edit for a me and a friends channel and i think i did a LOT better.

Here it is: Here

i didnt do Velo cause i didnt think it went with the song

dont take everything i say here as a rule because i'm still not sure what you are trying to do, just like you dont give cartoon artist tips to have more realistic art syles, you cant tell to a person that does montages that their videos need to be more edit-like
i'll only give EDIT cnc because you (for some reason) chose to use after effects, and calls your videos edits.
ok, now, you seem to be pretty much ignoring all cnc you have gotten so far.
first off : color correction/color grading can help set the tone of a video, to fit better with the song you chose, you can literally see that in every edit that's out there
there is no such thing as "the song didnt fit velo", velocity is a tool you use to make the video flow WITH the song, making things in the video happend with a rythm (also it was very odd of you to say that because all you did of velo is speed up the video, torixdemon sent some pretty decent tutorials on how to ACTUALLY do velo)
your keyframes are VERY solid, pretty good, maybe just go for some riskier angles that make the video more interesting, rotating the camera around the toris or going under them can help a lot with making the video look and feel more dynamic
screen pumps also help a lot to give the song more meaning in the context of the video, making the video pump with the song makes both seem kinda of part of each other
and last but not least, WHY AFTER EFFECTS? you are VERY new to video editing you just straight up picked one of the hardest and most complex editing software you can find lmao, a complex software doesnt mean your videos will be better, because you wont figure how to use the software properly, my advice for you is to get vegas, whatever version after 11, so that you can get a hang of the basic, and when you start to feel limited by the program you can go and learn something harder, but you using after effects might just end up with you being afraid of doing something new because of the unintuitive interface
good luck with your next videos!
grau°
Yeah, Torix did do that and i watched them, but in my most recent edit there was not much to sync the velo with(no fast clips/camera movement) there was not much to sync the velo with. ABout the screen pumps and shakes I just got a bunch of presets and effects packs to play with so I was experimenting. If the song was faster and I used clips that had movement more I would have used velo and synced it up About the color correction that I used I thought the song was slow and does slow not = a darkish tone?
I would switch to something else but I guess I don't want to for now.

Thanks for the Cnc! (i think you were talking about the toribash one and i just responded to it like it was the fortnite one lol)

https://youtu.be/iCdi16s6D1M

this song is very dark and still has good velo
you seem to not even know what velo is for, when someone says you need to do better velo they dont mean that you should speed up your video, they mean you should make the video sync with the song, and you do that by adjusting the speed, in the video i sent as an example you can tell how much he speeds up and slows down the video to get a rythm going
most of what i said was about toribash because i'm better at toribash editing yea lol, but it all still applies to fortnite, so its still valid
grau°
here are some of my replays the one on the bottom is the mod i used for the kid self spar just wanted to let u know
-----
u can use eny song u want to
Attached Files
(tb) derp self spar 2018 9.rpl (328.7 KB, 3 views)
(tb) derp pk updated 3.rpl (270.4 KB, 2 views)
(tb) kid self spar 5.rpl (256.8 KB, 2 views)
morten_childvchild.tbm (12.0 KB, 2 views)
Last edited by maddox; Dec 10, 2018 at 01:41 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump