Ranking
Original Post
Wireless problem please help
As you can see from the title, my wireless capability does not work.i have a vaio vgn-cr131e just formatted because I thought that would fix the problem. The problem is not from the router because I an connected right now to it with my phone. there is no sign of a wireless burton in my keyboard so I don't think I could fix it by function combination. I don't know if this helps but I spoiled a little but of lemonade on it a week ago, but the problem just starred.the mouse pad doesn't work either
Please help

Also the switch is turned on.
Purity Of Essence
Assuming that there wasn't a lot of lemonade and/or that it wasn't spilled directly onto the area of the wireless card,

Check to see if your computer can see ANY wireless networks at all. This can be done by either using another laptop to create an ad-hoc network. You should also try to connect to one that isn't visible by entering the SSID and Password manually.

If neither works, check to see if the driver for your adapter is working correctly.

Quick question: When you accidentally spilled Lemonade on it, did you keep the computer on? If not, you may have short-circuited the chip (which may also explain the reason why your trackpad is not functioning).

If it was a very small amount of lemonade, open the laptop and check to see whether the adapter is firmly connected to the connector (whether it be a chip-and-ribbon type or just a card).
Proud Member of
[C3][Anime United]
When I spilled the lemonade, it want a lot directly on one place. I coughed and spot it stop over the computer, the screen and keyboard.it was open and on. It started on while I cleaned up. When I checked for wireless connections, it didn't show any at all, not even my neighbors which it usually shows. But I think for a little while I saw a computer in the wireless thing.like am adhc thing you mentioned.
Purity Of Essence
Open your Device Manager and check to see if your wireless adapter is even visible to the laptop. If it is, look for error codes. At the very least (considering the fact that most computers won't tell you "Chip not working because of lemonade spill") it'll say that the card is either working properly or not working due to an unknown reason. Post what you see here.

If it says that the card is working properly, view all the wireless connections SAVED on your computer (the list that also tells you the priority in which your laptop chooses to connect to visible networks) and try to have it connect to your home network. This can be done by checking the box that says "Connect to network even if the SSID is not broadcasting" or something along those lines. If you see no activity, you have essentially short-circuited the wireless adapter based on what I can guess. If it was accidentally dismantled from the mainboard, the Device Manager should say something along the lines of "Hardware not detected".
Proud Member of
[C3][Anime United]
You said you formatted it right? As in, reinstalled windows?

It may be that you do not have the wireless drivers. Connect your computer directly to your network via an ethernet cord and download the drivers, or use your drivers CD (you usually get them when you buy your computer) to install them, then update them.