Ranking
What if i jumped a 3k budget?
A dueler is only a good as his finest lift.

I love many people on this forum such as ...
Uric|Internet|Stellar|Wesley|Boonana|AJ|FireBolty|iRookie|Brucia|Kristis133|Liquidoom|Lightningkid
[type=noob]monk[noob]
I respect...
Originally Posted by DropKick View Post
I was wanting to double up on graphics cards, however Im not sure how compatibility works between one and the other.

SLI/Crossfire are still not as stable as single card, and it's obviously more complex and complicated than 1 card.

I literally need the whole set up, from gaming mouse through the power source. Im also making the switch from OSX to Windows, so whats the minimum cost for a nice computer, are we going up to $3000 then? I can sell some shit :P

No, if all you want is the minimum cost for a nice computer, including peripherals and displays, then it would still be under $1k.

Speaking of which, I'd like some Keyboards you guys have been using, Im a bigger fan of keyboards where you can slide your fingers ofc but i need that satisfactory acknolegment when I click a key I know I did.

Not sure exactly what you mean by slide, but right now the best kbs out there are any tenkeyless cherry mx blue kbs.

The best place to buy peripherals (IMO) is massdrop. You do have to sign up to access it, but they offer pretty good discounts.

This is what they have on special now, though it's only a 15% discount

This have this one too which is 30% off

Im confused on why now is not a good time for buying a computer? Is everything expensive or are there just new releases with much more potential coming soon. Essentially just wait for this?

x99 is a chipset which is soon to hit the market. DDR4 is class of memory soon to hit the market. If I was looking at dropping $2k I would definitely wait for both of them to be released before deciding on components, as they will be right in your price range.

For this you need 3 things to be released: CPU, mobo and RAM. That haswell cpu is one of the pieces of the puzzle.

En regards to ATX vs mATX is there anything I should be concerned about other than the missing pci slots? Any other downsides because of size? Im sure you would know.

Generally smaller mobos have less features, but this is not as much of an issue now days. Also x99 won't be available for mitx for some time probably, and I've only see one announced x99 mATX mobo.

Lack of PCI slots, and possibly only having 2 ram slots, are the two main things to watch out for though. It's not a problem I think because even an mITX will have 1 PCI slot, and will support 16gb of RAM.

If it were me I wouldn't spend more than $500 on the computer itself. As Augans said, the 750ti is the most cost effective card at the moment, you could build something with that and a x4 750k, an x88 mobo, 8gb of ram, and whatever PSU for $500 easily. That's enough to play any game out there currently on pretty good graphics. And considering "next-gen" consoles have been out for a while already, you can expect game requirements to say where they are now. Coding doesn't take any power or graphics requirements, so if you were going just coding + just league of legends you could spend $200 :P

As for monitors, honestly it's not that big a deal. Unless you have experience with monitors you won't notice quality, just make sure it's NOT A TV, go for something with whatever resolution and aspect ratio you want. If given the choice buy something that is IPS over something that is TN, and higher refresh rate the better (though 60fps is all you need). There are 4k, 120Hz, <1ms response times, high gamut, high contrast, etc. But again, unless you have some experience, you won't know what you are missing.

For mice it's basically personal preference. But you can check out v's list. Things move fairly slow in the mouse world, flawless sensors and decent DPI is all you need after all.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Why waste 2k? You can buy a decent PC for 500 that can run a good amount of games. If you want a very good Pc. You can get one worth 1500 then you have 500 left over for anything else such as a cool keyboard, mouse.
the best thing to do is to spend 1200$ on a pc now, two years down the line use the saved 800$ on the now outdated pieces.
Dot dot dot
Im willing to entrust and hear your opinions on different builds. Most important parts etc.

Price is about $2000. Majority going to be used for just Gaming. Give me all the specs pls

what kind of games you are going to play?

if we are talking about f2p games, there is no need to buy new pc, as all f2p games are optimized for very low-end garbage.

if we are talking about games like bf4 and so on, again, you would not need to spend more than $1200 on beast pc block.

if you play simulators (like i do) you will need to spend a decent chunk of money on peripherals, and focus a bit more on CPU

if you plan to stream games you will need atleast 2 monitors,

if you plan to run 2 videocards in SLI you will obviously need good power block,

you can consider watercooling, but i personally prefer classic dynamic cooling (fans), so you will have less hassle if you need to fix something yourself.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
firstly, my piece of advice for you is to wait for ddr4 and x99, like gorman said.

my next piece of advice for you is to not spend $2,000 on a computer, you can easily buy a computer for half that price (maybe a little bit more when ddr4 and x99 come out), play the same games, and use the leftover money for college or something else (savings, etc).

if you plan to stream, you don't NEED 2 monitors, but it helps.

there is very little reason for you to have 2 video cards if you're just planning on playing games, and you do NOT need to spend upwards of $2,000 on a computer just to play the latest games.

go to http://www.pcpartpicker.com and put together a computer on the website (assuming you know a little bit about computers, etc.)

also, do you plan on buying this prebuilt or building it yourself? i highly recommend building it yourself as it will be cheaper and probably nicer in the end