Toribash
Original Post
1024x1024 ground texture
costs 200k torishop price
do it. make it happen.

the details on 512x ground are pixelated and it sucks when you can't see those small details that make it pop!

if this isn't implemented, I will be anger.
Originally Posted by Hypersaint View Post
Well this was the reason for 256x256 and 512x512 bumpmaps not to be added iirc.

don't know who requested or had the thought to add 256x and 512x bumpmap textures but I don't see the use of those anyway.

seeing that there are A LOT of images uploaded everyday, I doubt that the people who upload 1024x grounds will overtake the people who upload on 512x textures etc.

so I don't think uploading 1024x photos will make a difference.
I spoke to sir about the 1024x "Reta is Love" ground texture joke thing that happened a while ago and this is the response.
Personally I'd like to see it added.
It's probably going to be added in time.

blarg

Last edited by Kore; Jan 16, 2018 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Fixed broken pic
Originally Posted by chab View Post
don't know who requested or had the thought to add 256x and 512x bumpmap textures but I don't see the use of those anyway.

seeing that there are A LOT of images uploaded everyday, I doubt that the people who upload 1024x grounds will overtake the people who upload on 512x textures etc.

so I don't think uploading 1024x photos will make a difference.

All images posted in threads aren't stored on the forums, only textures and attachments are. And once a texture-item is re-purposed, the old image is deleted. So really only when a new texture-item is bought directly from the shop, a new image is being uploaded. (As far as I know.)

Lack of space is probably the reason to such low resolution attachments. (Or it might just be a bad service.)

This is my take on the economics; All people who want a ground texture and can afford a 512x will buy that. But people who can afford a 1024x will most likely buy that instead. And people will upgrade to those as soon as they have lowered in value or when they simply have enough TC. So over time, the majority of ground texture-items in circulation will become 1024x.

I'm still negative towards this.

If you don't know what bumpmaps are then you obviously don't see the use of them.
Last edited by Hypersaint; Jan 18, 2018 at 04:42 PM.
Originally Posted by Hypersaint View Post
All images posted in threads aren't stored on the forums, only textures and attachments are. And once a texture-item is re-purposed, the old image is deleted. So really only when a new texture-item is bought directly from the shop, a new image is being uploaded. (As far as I know.)

Lack of space is probably the reason to such low resolution attachments. (Or it might just be a bad service.)

This is my take on the economics; All people who want a ground texture and can afford a 512x will buy that. But people who can afford a 1024x will most likely buy that instead. And people will upgrade to those as soon as they have lowered in value or when they simply have enough TC. So over time, the majority of ground texture-items in circulation will become 1024x.

I'm still negative towards this.

If you don't know what bumpmaps are then you obviously don't see the use of them.

I'm not talking about images on forums, I was talking about the images on textures.

I already said that the 1024x ground item will be expensive. Like legit expensive so if you really want the item, you can consider buying it. Also think about it this way, 1024x grounds are really just double resolution. So, one 1024x ground is just two 512x grounds. I doubt that it could make the forums run out of space.

About the pricing, make it like 300k shop price or something like that. I also doubt that a lot of people can get 300k (250k market price maybe) to buy a fucking GROUND TEXTURE.

EDIT: I also know what bumpmap texture does.
Last edited by poison; Jan 18, 2018 at 08:49 PM.
1024x1024 is 4 times as much as 512x512

X= 512x512

XX
XX

That being said, I'm sure I'd buy it, since it is a huge upgrade to 512
and on a side note, i use bumpmaps and would like see 512x512 bumpmaps
[TLL]
Originally Posted by Kriegery View Post
1024x1024 is 4 times as much as 512x512

X= 512x512

XX
XX

That being said, I'm sure I'd buy it, since it is a huge upgrade to 512
and on a side note, i use bumpmaps and would like see 512x512 bumpmaps

Oops, screwed my math over there. Still don't think it can ruin the forums.

additional reply to HyperSaint: Heck, do you know how many 512x textures are out there?!?! (joints, body, etc.)
No.
It'tt be REALLY annoying when your are fighting on the ground and all you see are anime half nudes
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
No.
It'tt be REALLY annoying when your are fighting on the ground and all you see are anime half nudes

What do you mean? The ground size will not change but the resolution will change to 1024x1024.
Originally Posted by chab View Post
What do you mean? The ground size will not change but the resolution will change to 1024x1024.

I don't really see the reason to increase the resolution and not the size.
512x512 is good enough quality for the size that it is, no need to upgrade on its quality but not size.
Originally Posted by Sucy View Post
I don't really see the reason to increase the resolution and not the size.
512x512 is good enough quality for the size that it is, no need to upgrade on its quality but not size.

Go ahead and try uploading a detailed picture onto a 512x ground and try to look for the details in-game. You won't get the same results. I feel that ground textures are not supposed to be limited to 512x judging on how the size is in-game.

On the other hand, 512x body textures are enough since the pictures are small in-game and you can see if not most, all the details. You get what I mean?