Toribash
nVidia doesn't mean it's made by nvidia, i'm afraid, only developed by it. There are alot of manufacturers for 3Dcards. Asus, ATI, BFG, Club 3D, EVGA, ExpertVision, Gainward, Gigabyte, Hewlett Packard, Inno3D, Jetway, Leadtek and Sapphire just to mention a few. :P

One needs to know so much until one can give proper help, or even start proper research for help.
Geforce 8600 and Geforce 8600 have differences, you know? :P
Last edited by Foxie; Feb 13, 2008 at 01:09 AM.
What what? In the butt.
The 6800GT is made by MSI and then I have a 8600GT Mobile in my laptop which is a reference design from nvidia. So what does that tell you?
It tells me that 6800GT is made by MSI and 8600 manufacturer is unknown :P
However, 6800GT is oldish, and isn't truly "supported" anymore via updates(meaning they're not really doing any updates to 6-series drivers), in which i wouldn't be so surprised to see texturing problems.(not to say it's bad in any manner, or an old relic. But it would be less surprising.)
But the 8600 is a questionmark, really. It could be that it's just because it's a mobile device, it could be not. Could be because it's linux, it could be not.
Tell me the maker & model of your laptop and i'll see who manufactured the GPU for it :P
What what? In the butt.
The manufacturer for my laptop is Zepto. (http://www.zepto.dk) I think its basically the same machine a compal if90 or what they call them.
Yeah cause I'm getting the same thing.

I think I'm going to contact support soon.

My drivers are totally fine.
[RelaxAll]