ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by Murmayder View Post
To be totally honest, I want the debate board back. I also know that if the people I have in mind are local moderators then the debate board will return to its former glory.

What glory? Did I miss the part where it wasn't pseudo-debating?

EDIT: On a serious note, you can still have "debates" in Discussion. People don't realize that.
Originally Posted by Hxcbbqimo View Post
"You mean delaying women becoming terrifyingly ugly when they age past 30?"

Dude, you can't blame me for that.
Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
What glory? Did I miss the part where it wasn't pseudo-debating?

EDIT: On a serious note, you can still have "debates" in Discussion. People don't realize that.

I feel that the formality of it ensures there will be less random and useless posts.

Perhaps glory was the wrong word, but I see more useless posts in Discussion than what I saw in the Debate Board.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ALL HAIL THE METAPHOR!!
Originally Posted by Murmayder View Post
Perhaps glory was the wrong word, but I see more useless posts in Discussion than what I saw in the Debate Board.

That's because all useless/off-topic posts in Debate were deleted.
Originally Posted by Onamist View Post
That's because all useless/off-topic posts in Debate were deleted.

Basically this, yeah. You can have a debate in Discussion, Murmayder, you're just being stubborn and my intuition tells me you just want a new board to moderate.
Basically this, yeah. You can have a debate in Discussion, Murmayder, you're just being stubborn and my intuition tells me you just want a new board to moderate.

I don't want a new board to moderate, i would have suggested Galt and Onamist. Odlov, naturally, would more than likely be the overall enforcer but he doesn't require a local moderator's position.

I'm not meaning to push it, I don't really care. Just saying I think it would be better is all.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ALL HAIL THE METAPHOR!!

discussions degrades into people crying
"well this is my oppinion and im entitled to it"

debates, do not.

oppinion was always backed up by fact. and those that didnt back it up, were modpwnt.

it spazzed out with retards every now and then, but then people like odlov made it all worth it.
also, spazzed out with retards no more than any other board does...
Last edited by BenDover; Jul 27, 2010 at 03:35 PM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
discussions degrades into people crying
"well this is my oppinion and im entitled to it"

debates, do not.

oppinion was always backed up by fact. and those that didnt back it up, were modpwnt.

Users can make their own internal thread rules if they please. I've seen it applied in Events threads and I'm sure it'd work in Discussion. Just PM a moderator and I'm sure they won't mind keeping a close eye in the thread, enforcing any Debate-like rules you might have.

Still, you raise a good point.
Users can make their own internal thread rules if they please. I've seen it applied in Events threads and I'm sure it'd work in Discussion. Just PM a moderator and I'm sure they won't mind keeping a close eye in the thread, enforcing any Debate-like rules you might have.

ya, but the point is, i dont want to make a thread with new rules and spend 3/4 of my time saying "read the first post" "read the first post" "read the first post" which is exactly how it would be.
thats what global rules are for. sort of.

Still, you raise a good point.

thankyou =)
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Precisely why the Debate board yields better discussion than the Discussion board itself.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ALL HAIL THE METAPHOR!!