Ranking
Originally Posted by Punk View Post
1) Then, if I'm going to host my tournament, why can not I forbid speaking in English?
2) If one ES forbids something, and another permits, what kind of rules are these?

You could absolutely forbid english in your own private server, regardless whether you're just playing around or hosting a tourney. Thing is, why would you need to? Wanting to only speak russian isnt the same as trying to keep chat in a language you have the ability to moderate. So while it's absolutely fine to do so, in that situation it'd be rather petty and pointless unless you don't understand english as well as you seem to.

As for the second thing, not every ES is the same. Same basic rules, but they are in charge of their hosting and the way they host and the rules they host with therein. They have the authority in their servers, both as an ES and just as the person running the private server.
Moved to a more appropriate place.
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

Originally Posted by Winston View Post
Being that the ETourney is not a public server, the server owner can set the rules. If they say no Russian, then no Russian. You can always play on public servers where you can speak Russian.

Event Tourneys, like any other globalled server, are considered public servers.
golf
I took some screenshots on what happend today.

I got rid of it so I took just 5.

1) Any rules should be standardized. Should I, as a player, know the preferences of an ES member so as not to violate the rules?

2) When we began to discuss the strange and not fair rules invented by the hoster during the tournament, he tried to forbid us and this. We play a game for fun. The ES should help us, but do not fester.

3) I see only 2 adequate ways to solve this problem:
- Either you let everyone speak all languages. And add it to the rules of ALL events.
- Or you can only speak in English. And add it to the rules of ALL events.

4) I think we should admit that Etourney is not a private room. This is at least not logical.
Last edited by Punk; Mar 2, 2018 at 09:09 PM.
Why would it be wrong to ban a language that you simply can not moderate?
Keep walking
Name at least one game in which you can't talk with friends in a language that suits you?
Why does Toribash has to follow the path of the rest of multiplayer games?
Keep walking
I haven't read most comments in here but I'm responding to op and from what I see punk saying.

An ETourney is a public place considering the server is globaled.

I feel like you guys are completely missing the point. The point if making the global chat english only is to make chat easier to moderate. If you're still under the assumption that we're racist then you clearly don't know how to read.

We usually do this because the most known language on this game is English. Everyone (not literally everyone but mostly) somewhat understands basic English. We aren't specifically singling out the Russians, if a bunch of you guys join a room and literally fill the chat with a language no one other than you guys understand, then it can get annoying to try and read what people are typing in English. This can happen to any group of people. Such as people speaking Portuguese or Spanish.
Russians can't speak Russian on ETourneys by the same reason we can't encode messages on ETourneys. The ES member taking care of the moderation can't understand a single word that is being said, therefore can't understand it.
Keep walking