Ranking
Original Post
Head Texture of the Month: Horror!

It's that spooky time of year again, so let's make some equally spooky head textures!

In this event, the Event Squad (ES) give you guys a theme to work with, and you have 4 weeks to create an amazing head texture. The person who creates the head that best fits the judging criteria receives prizes. But don't worry if you don't make it out on top, as there will be several honourable mentions. Now let's get right into it!

The winner will receive the following:

100000 TC

The winners of the honourable mentions prize will receive the following:

All winning entries and honourable mention winners will be mentioned in both the Opening Post of the next HTotM with the artists credited AND in a Sticky thread in the art forum. So if you're looking for a chance to establish yourself as an artist in the Toribash community, this is it!

We do still have rules that are to be followed. Keep in mind we may not judge your art if it doesn't follow ALL of these rules.

- No plagiarism, this isn't tolerated at all and is severely punishable
- If your submission looks like a joke, it will not be judged.
- Do not submit old/pre-made textures.
- A rough sketch or WIP is required to prove that it is a head in progress and not a pre-made head that you are reposting.
- Collaborations are allowed, however in this scenario prizes will be split.
- Only one submission is allowed, which also means no alts used to submit two different heads. If you're collaborating with another artist, you can only submit that head.
- Submissions must be in 512x512 or higher.
- Post watermarked flats in this thread with spherical previews. It would be much appreciated if you used Toribash Textures for 3D previews.
- If you aren't using Toribash Textures, ensure to make your previews clear, show all aspects of your head and attempt to keep watermarks somewhat non-intrusive while still being effective.
- We encourage you to post frequent WIPs, just make sure in your post that it's clear what the final product is.

Four weeks after this post, the ES will judge the entries and the process begins. It could take anywhere between 2 days to 1 week. Your entries will be judged based on the following criteria:

- How well the idea fits the theme
- Uniqueness; think outside the box, as it could be the difference between winning and losing
- The execution of your idea

Once the judges have decided on a winner, a post will be made announcing the artists who won / received honourable mentions. Good luck!

This month's theme is HORROR
The winners of the Previous HTotM event were as follows:

Winner: Dengue
Honourable mentions: Chab and Clint

The deadline is 31st of October, 20:00 (GMT+0)

For the record, this thread is for the submissions for this month's HTotM and not to look back at the results of last month. If you want to talk about last month discuss it in #art or somewhere else but this isn't the right place.
Any future posts that discuss previous months instead of the current submissions will be deleted and/or infracted.
Last edited by Finn; Nov 5, 2018 at 11:50 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Super Moderator, Event Squad, Market Squad. If you have any questions shoot me a PM!
Can I work on this for the HTOTM? All this was made before the post, but I stopped working on it cuz I was quite busy.

Zè head

-----
Originally Posted by chab View Post
something much better trust me

Whatever it's going to be, I still wanna watch more of your art
Last edited by Arunesh31; Oct 14, 2018 at 06:53 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
"Death Before Dishonor"
Originally Posted by Arunesh31 View Post
Can I work on this for the HTOTM? All this was made before the post, but I stopped working on it cuz I was quite busy.

Zè head

-----

Whatever it's going to be, I still wanna watch more of your art

ah the swasitica head
-----
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
stop sooking and make some art if you want to compete. people need to understand that not everyone on the judging panel are elite artists, and that art is voted for because judges LIKE it, not because of how much time you've spent studying and implicating a certain art style. be humble in defeat and move on.

we aren't talking about the quality of the art were talking about how well it fit the theme
Last edited by TinyGLove; Oct 14, 2018 at 06:54 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by TinyGLove View Post
we aren't talking about the quality of the art were talking about how well it fit the theme

pretty sure all of the heads that were put out were just as equal in fitting the theme as everyone else's. you can't expect wizards/mages not to be a part of a magic & sorcery theme. but anyways, gl to all contestants and keep the toxicity outta here.
[ES] Artist

pretty sure all of the heads that were put out were just as equal in fitting the theme as everyone else's. you can't expect wizards/mages not to be a part of a magic & sorcery theme. but anyways, gl to all contestants and keep the toxicity outta here.

you clearly don't know what's going on here so stop talking about it
you clearly don't know what's going on here so stop talking about it

do you think i didn't read the salt-fest from last htotm lmao?

just as dengue's head was an old man with a magic symbol, yours was just an anime girl with a headdress on. everyone needs to stop thinking the judges are "biased" or not suiting to the criteria, because at the end of the day, there wouldn't be a criteria if it wasn't accounted for.
[ES] Artist

do you think i didn't read the salt-fest from last htotm lmao?

just as dengue's head was an old man with a magic symbol, yours was just an anime girl with a headdress on. everyone needs to stop thinking the judges are "biased" or not suiting to the criteria, because at the end of the day, there wouldn't be a criteria if it wasn't accounted for.

as much as I want to prove you wrong, I'll try to keep the last HTOTM's discussion out of this thread because it's immature.
if you wanna talk about it, PM me on discord or here :-)
as much as I want to prove you wrong, I'll try to keep the last HTOTM's discussion out of this thread because it's immature.
if you wanna talk about it, PM me on discord or here :-)

just being a realist and putting things into perspective. nothing else to talk about cutie.
[ES] Artist

just being a realist and putting things into perspective. nothing else to talk about cutie.

again, you don't know what you're talking about so i'll leave it at that.

good luck and have fun to the contestants!
Simmer down y'all are getting too heated let's just all be friends.
-----
The judges are so based OMG.
Last edited by TinyGLove; Oct 14, 2018 at 05:13 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Stop whinning guys.
My entry WIP :

WIP

3d

I must say, not a joke
Last edited by dengue; Oct 14, 2018 at 10:23 PM.