Ranking
Original Post
yay :D
derp getting it dun
-----
Attached Files
(tb) derp menip entry 7.rpl (117.4 KB, 5 views)
(tb) derp and cry new mod 9.rpl (549.9 KB, 4 views)
(tb) derp level up 6.rpl (201.1 KB, 7 views)
(tb) a4 vs derp 11.rpl (906.6 KB, 5 views)
Last edited by maddox; Aug 12, 2019 at 09:44 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
FINALLY. Everyone CNC my friend derp please.

I'll start the CnC off.

Derp and oscar collab 2: there's nothing really wrong with this replay besides the opener, it was overly relaxed and it looks like you got drunk fell and tried to recover by tricking

Derp level up 6: The first backflip is nice but slow, the back handsprings launch was too low and as result, it doesn't look the best, the for a while in the air it looks nice, then while landing the back handspring your abs are very contracted and that makes the landing look weird. during the launch into the flash kick, you're on your toes which just looks bad in my opinion. Then you fully contract your knee that needed to be re-extended later which makes the replay less fluent. The cork swing-through wasn't half bad but the spin is slow and the tuck has bad form, also the landing is scuffed. In total, this is a nice replay though!

Derp and oscar tricking 6: I don't really have much to say about this replay. the most I can give here is just work on your form. If you're confused about what I mean by this look at the top trickers, every single one of them looks good while in the air this is because of the way they tuck, the form doesn't only apply to air movements though, honestly, I'm not sure how to explain it. In-total-this-is-a-good-replay. OH and you should work on not doing those scoot things and not switching the direction of your momentum too often, they make the replay flow weird.

Everything else I've said applied to the rest of the movements, but im gonna add this. When punching relaxing the pec of the swinging arm can sometimes help, and when kicking making sure your arms look/are controlled helps both the replay and the kick.

Like I said at the start. CNC MY MAN DERP

Good progress!

"1st awsome backflip". The arms going up was a little sudden and they didnt have much of a swinging motion going with them, which i think makes it look just a little bit better. You also extend them farther than just the side of your body, and I think that makes it just a little unrealistic.

"Derp and rico tricking 8" Somehow you have a grasp on what to do, but you're not doing it. The first trick is self explanatory, just a spin. I won't comment here yet, All the big CnC is at the bottom. After the first trick you do a "Raiz twist" or maybe it's more of a cheat setup to spin thing.. This was the move that stood out to me on my first watch, it looks better than everything else in the replay. The main things that could be improved here is the arm movement/positoning, the tucking, and not jumping off that toe.

"Derp vs rico 22" Im gonna generalize here. commenting on everything wrong would take longer than I have to write this If I remember ill come back and edit it with further detail. You rely on your chest too much to get momentum, and once you have that momentum you fail to keep it. Although you're not getting much to start with. You fail to keep your flow nice and flowy because there are constant pauses in movements. In my opinion, spars fall into one of 2 main categories. Realistic, and Flowy, then, of course, you have people that can do both at the same time. It looks like you guys are going for "Flowy", working on tricking, in general, will probably help you achieve that. I know after i learned a proper cheat setup i do them a hell of a lot in spars.

I'm not gonna comment on "first one shot" Ill leave that to someone more experienced in that area.

Now in general your movements show me that you know kinda what you're doing. BUT it's obvious you dont put all your effort into perfecting those movements. Although you can get better just by playing putting all your effort into learning, always trying new things, asking help from player far better than you or I, will help you improve much faster. Since im here i might as well give some tips.

Hold and relax more

Stop using your chest as a cheating tool to gain momentum, it is there to assist not to give

Generally avoid launching off your toe, If it's done right though it can look nice. Dont tell anyone I said that though

Your lumbar shouldn't move as much as it currently is in your replays. A bent lumbar looks weird in a lot of cases.

to conserve momentum hold your chest/ relax it after moving it a little. This assists in momentum gain and rotation gain. ( I think atleast)

and lastly...... analyze other people's replays. I know I know, you've heard this before. but I don't think you're actually doing it. Look at everything as much as you need to until you grasp why you don't look as good as them

I hope you dont mind me adding an example replay, if you want it removed message me on discord and ill remove it at the first chance I get.

Example

Even this is a bad example since i lose all momentum, and I dont gain much back. But I think it'll help understand what im talking about more. I hope

If you want a better example go to shoddy's replay thread, and download "shoddy vs shoddyv2 short ending" Or something like that. That is a near-perfect example

Edit: Better example of keeping momentum, and circleish arm movements bad trick though
Last edited by Stance; Oct 28, 2019 at 11:07 AM.