Toribash
Original Post
parkour and freerunning
well ive noticed that allmost everyone looks at these 2 diciplines different. (most pepol think they are sports though) so what do you think of parkour and freerunning, if you practice pk or fr why do you do it and what keps you going?
let us know ^^
And as allways,
have fun
I think its mostly the same the only difference is that in parkour you make backflips,frontflips etc

And freerunning is just the faster way because there is no tricking there are no flips or extra moves you are just running.

I like Freerunning much more because its just the faster way its more effectiv and it look 10 times cooler if you are faster.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Meow :3
[Duck] [OLDA]
Parkour is the French art of Running Away.
<Vox> meh, you never end up anywhere in computer
<Vox> you are just where ever you are
---------------
<avwave> its always fun to eat a polymorph ring
<avwave> unless you morph into a basilisk in a room full of mirrors
-----------------------
<Vox> I just imagine a guy in a lab coat and fluffy gloves holding a snowflake being stared down by the university research managers
Parkour is Being a total ninja.

Free running is getting from Point A to Point B as fast as possible.

Or the Other way around.
But they both use roughly around the same techniques.

And Also Parkour is French for: The art Of movement.
Last edited by Teknik; May 23, 2010 at 12:54 PM.
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? haven't got one.
I died a little inside when I read your responses.

Parkour is the art o displacment, getting from point A to B asap. David Belle made it for this purpose, read the history if you want to know more.

Freerunning is a derivitve that encorporates tricking.

I am a traceur, it's epic fun and really helps your life (running through areas to catch busses etc)
Parkour and freerunning aren t so different. First one as guys above me said it s the art o dispacment. That means moving from a point A to B in less time possible ( with all the vault's etc)
Freerunning is just a subset of parkour with the extra of the various tricks.
Practice and experience make you avoid falls and fractures.
I m starting this again this summer because i realy enjoyed trainings with friends last summer :P.
Originally Posted by Teknik View Post

And Also Parkour is French for: The art Of movement.

I don't think so; I'm pretty sure it means 'to chase' (parcour, not parkour)
LIGHTING FROM MY EYES
Yeah, as fat0ninja said, the word parkour is derived from 'to chase', but they changed the c to a k to make it sound more aggressive.

But what it means is 'the art of displacement'