Toribash
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
the old ones pretty crap
new ones quite nice, hair especially. no ears?
the eyes look a bit familiar though, traced eye brush?
nose looks like a block. redo that =/

As I said, a work in progress - I can try adding ears. No, I did those myself, however I did google anime eyes for a simple reference. Also yeah, I'm not really sure how a nose should map in such a type of image, but I'll give it a go.

Originally Posted by IXION View Post
New head looks pretty neat, altough it needs shading...

Try to make some in-game pics or something, if I am right the back of the head band won't map right...Also I noticed that the bottom part of the hair is symetrical, that may look weird in game. Also as stated by bendover, nose...change :S

Considered making a mouth?

I don't know, I doubt the symmetric hair will look too bad; we'll see.

Also, what should I do about the headband? Shade it, keep it the same, color it? Same for the mouth: opened, smirking?
Last edited by Nyari; Jul 7, 2011 at 06:07 PM.
I'm so META, Even This Acronym

Look, some pixels of the headband should be straight at the back so that when the flat is "connected" after being made "a head" it will look straight.

If you see what i mean...

And for "shading" the hair/band, if you have the layer seperate, try to duplicate it and make the layer at the bottom black and move it a little bit down, then turn down the opacity.
I realize this, it is easily fixable.

Also, I'm not talking about a shadow, rather how the headband is actually shaded (folds and such) rather than just solid white.
I'm so META, Even This Acronym
Mm...I see.

Tried looking at reference images? ^^

For example this?

Just trying to give you ideas to improve, you could also look around the art board, there may be other artists work that may inspire you...