Toribash
I had windows vista home premium installed on my laptop when i first got it. It was nice, but kinda slow and annoying sometimes.

I then got a copy of ultimate from a friend for $75. That was a nice improvement, but it was still vista, so it was still annoying.

Today I got Windows 7 professional for $30 with the student discount thing and I have to say it is a major improvement over Vista. It runs faster, my laptop runs cooler with 7 than it did with vista, and most of my programs don't lock up as much.

Only problem i have had with 7 is I had to manually download most of the drivers for my hardware to make them fully compatible, but when you run the upgrade advisor before you install, windows 7 tells you what will need to be upgraded, so it sped that process up a bit.
Read the Market Rules
In #Support: [19:53] <@firebolty> StileCheat: Did you try this?: would you lick onima's pussy clean for 10,000 dollars
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I've never had problems with Windows 7. It's the best Windows OS I've ever had the pleasure to use.
This is the Emergency Alert System. All normal programming has been discontinued during this emergency.
My windows 7 upgrade is on its way from ASUS. I'm pretty pumped.

It's actually gonna be my first OS upgrade. Before, I always got a new pc with the newest OS installed.

So I'm wondering, should I take the time for a clean install, or would the upgrade path be good enough? I've got over 500 gigs to backup for a clean one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Imo if you have XP: Wait a bit before getting 7 so you see whether there are major problems coming up or not.
If you have Vista: Go for it, nothing to lose.
I actually have Windows 7, I just have to get some discs to burn it in and install (and no, it isn't pirated, and no you can't have a copy of mine).
Clan Blood Leader
Mine is pirated and its awesome.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
windows 7 is awsome i have it and most of my xp games work on it windows 7 is vista on weed : its layed back, not on edge like windows vista(witch was made to protect it self)and its faster at loading even fast then linuxim gona post a 7 resons for windows 7
I barely understood that post and needed to strain to read it. If you please, 'dunt poast liek dis cuz it bad 2 reed'.

Windows 7 is the SHIT. It is fucking awesome. Saw it at my friend.
Originally Posted by raydark101 View Post
I have Vista. It has so many bugs. Mohave and 7 are meant to fix these bugs along with removing any problems that they may show. But... This is Microsoft we're dealing with.

Mojave is Vista.
So is 7.

Mojave was an experiment to see what people thought of Vista when it wasnt called "Vista".
They've put it into practise with 7.
They've fixed up some userland issues that Vista had.
For an inexperienced user (thats most of you by reading this board), 7 is severely comprimised because of its default settings in UAC.
Originally Posted by m0o View Post
Mojave is Vista.
So is 7.

Mojave was an experiment to see what people thought of Vista when it wasnt called "Vista".
They've put it into practise with 7.
They've fixed up some userland issues that Vista had.
For an inexperienced user (thats most of you by reading this board), 7 is severely comprimised because of its default settings in UAC.

Well since you are so experienced, why not share your knowledge of what to change to make it more secure?
Read the Market Rules
In #Support: [19:53] <@firebolty> StileCheat: Did you try this?: would you lick onima's pussy clean for 10,000 dollars
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Gumfighter View Post
Well since you are so experienced, why not share your knowledge of what to change to make it more secure?

Turn everything up to max, but turn windows firewall off.
Use third party antiviral software.
Use a third party firewall.

Duh.

The problem with 7 is that its not secure enough in preventing 'regular
users from executing malicious files.

The problem with vista is that 'regular' users dont have pcs powerful enough to run it with a small footprint.