ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by TSRabbit View Post
How about the real mini toribasher! Looking at the way tooltip.lua works, wouldn't the mini toribasher on the HUD work too?

Can be done with a script. What you won't see, however, is actually clicking the joints, and pretty graphics. Because handling clicking is not in Lua already, I believe.

Even so. Not exactly to the topic, as this is about what features you'd like to see Lua have, not scripts.

PS. Wiki would be nice. If hampa could just upload it, I could make the necessary starter pages.
Amazing.
I've been wanting something like this for a while:

A mode that disables frames and movements. One that instead of making the fighters have physics, just make them like action figures. You can move them at all the joints. This would allow you to make amazing poses that you couldn't normally do. You would also be able to dismember things and pose them as well.
/-\ /\/ |) /-\
Yeah. Having control over heading pitch and roll would be nice.
Radioactive torso's description should be, "You have cancer like wow."
I would LOVE to be able to set DM and instagib within lua.
I would LOVE to have the ability to set force vectors for joints in lua, i.e.

set_joint_vector( [player], [joint#], [x force], [y force], [z force] )

A get functions will definatly be needed to accompany this.
i.e.

xforce, yforce, zforce = get_joint_vector ( [player], [joint#] )

==Example==

wristvec_right = get_player_vector(0,10)
set_joint_dm (0,10)
set_joint_vector(0,10,wristvec_right.xforce, wristvec_right.yforce, wristvec_right.zforce + 10)

Just my two cents.
Last edited by NewbLuck; Jun 23, 2007 at 05:33 AM. Reason: how2type :/
 ____  _____  __  __  _  _  ___  _  _ 
(  _ \(  _  )(  )(  )( \( )/ __)( \/ )
 ) _ < )(_)(  )(__)(  )  (( (__  \  / 
(____/(_____)(______)(_)\_)\___) (__) 
Couple of things:

1. I'd like to be able to set joint state via the enter_frame hook
2. Getting position and/or velocity information about body parts would be nice. I've got an idea for a coaching script that would require this.
Radioactive torso's description should be, "You have cancer like wow."
i'd like to be able to tweak the physics a bit and be able to add more objects into the level, like making a tiny wall in front of uke and tori and theyd have to- A): rip it off and throw it at the other player. B): Jump over it like a madman C): use the arm shotgun script to get past it. So in essence being able to interact with objects in the level and use them as weapons when grabbed. You could play in an office space, move off to the right and grab a..... stapler or something and kill your opponent with it. Play in a dojo and rip off nunchucks and swords from the wall, go to a construction site and pick up a hammer, etc.

~SSJokker - Edited out offtopic part
Last edited by Jok; Sep 11, 2007 at 08:38 PM.
I don't think these are LUA issues, Ragdollmaster. You may want to try the general suggestions thread, but leave out the walls and objects, as they've been suggested many times before.

I guess that just leaves physics, and I think you want to be more specific about how you want to be able to tweak it.

Ignore the first part, it's been edited.
Last edited by Jok; Sep 11, 2007 at 08:38 PM.
Originally Posted by SSJokker View Post
IO.

Ability to access core engine (ODE), with special scripting maybe. That would make so many things possible (special 2v2, additional objects, controlled in a second thread, dedicated to Lua physics, etc).

I think that'd be the only thing. Well, that, and more drawing ability. Rectangles + text + circle = not really enough. Maybe rounded rectangle, image drawn from a separate file, own fonts, etc.

and triangles...
Originally Posted by Dafe View Post
I don't think these are LUA issues, Ragdollmaster. You may want to try the general suggestions thread, but leave out the walls and objects, as they've been suggested many times before.

I guess that just leaves physics, and I think you want to be more specific about how you want to be able to tweak it.

General tweaking of the physics, so you could be able to change the gravity, the friction, the amount of force you lash out in a certain velocity, etc.
input boxes.

or an easier way to read chat messages, so you could make your own commands with ease.
Last edited by Blam; Aug 6, 2007 at 11:13 AM.
:D