ES Recruitment Drive
White lines are a little distracting. Try feathering the bottom half of the lines then lowering the overall opacity of them.

Epic so far

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
<Phail> Everyone knows GMs can combust your videocard temporarily
<decimat0r1> let those bitches try
Well the visor is a pretty simple area compared to the rest of the head, shading is a snap. I'll continue working on the version with the lines since I already started a back piece there. The entire visor mask is done, so I can also just copy paste the normal visor over it.

The trouble Im having is with the chrome parts. Chrome is pretty dependent on the light angle and the surrounding objects to distinguish it from other metals I think. I'll have to look into it.

Does anyone have some tips for the shading? With reflections in 4.0, it would be a breeze, so I guess it's not too important.

EDIT: Oops didn't see the third page after my reload!

Good idea! I made it all on the same layer though so Ill be redrawing it. (actually I just have 2 layers so far :>)

I used dodge for it the first time. I'll try just picking out the colors this time :]
Last edited by DarkJak; Aug 17, 2009 at 02:04 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Needs hella shading. Also, make something that isn't a robot head suit thing.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
Lrn2read titles

also try trolling other people or just retire. I haven't gotten a single bit of helpful criticism from you even with your myriad of negative posts in my threads.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

Incognito - [o]
How about make something that isn't a helmet? You have skills, but you aren't using them.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
AWESOME can i have 0.2.1 i really like crysis
Youve got issues, ive got issues, youve got a girlfriend, ive got a girlfriend, my girlfriend beats meee.
-Rappunk
Too late now. I'll do that when someone requests a human head for more than 2k while I get robotic requests for more than ten times that.

I was going to make this crysis head regardless. It's a phase I'm in. Kinda like my halo phase, just not so....excessive :>

Haha, I dunno about how "legal" that would be. If hanz0 is ok with it, it's fine with me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

Incognito - [o]
http://www.crysis-turkey.com/images/...ck_by_2sic.jpg

I think I'll use the background of this image for the hexagons. It's what I used for my avatar too.

I'm so glad I found this since it would also help me shade it.

Basically a very high contrast ridge....

Should I use this TINY bit of copy paste?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

Incognito - [o]