ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Heavy basslines, overdriven blues licks, desert rock and groove metal. Fuck yes.
Hello. I present to you a subtype of music that tends to go by names like: groove metal, desert rock, stoner rock, psych metal, drone metal, etc

Basically, it's heavy bass, grooves, overdrive, some fuzz, uncommon time signatures, and lifting you to fuckin' space. All of these songs are available on Spotify.

This is Love, by Colour Haze. Colour Haze has a lot of awesome songs like this, and they're one of the originals in this genre.

This is Gemini, by Elder. It's not my favorite by them, but it's their most popular song. If you find this interesting, but too heavy, try one of their other songs, like Spirit at Aphelion.

This is Spacegrass, by Clutch. These guys are very diverse, and their older stuff is very heavy, with their newer work being lighter and more blues than metal. Either flavor is delicious. I would suck the bassist's dick.

This is Fire in the Head, by The Tea Party. These guys were actually somewhat large, and one of the earliest groups to blend an eastern sound, driven by ouds, sitars, and harp guitars, with heavy riffs and bass that were associated with metal and hard rock. Famously, they were once categorized as "Morrocan Roll", which is a term now sometimes used to describe eastern/metal blends. Their music is extremely diverse.

Alright, to avoid putting a million youtube videos on one post, I'll stop here, but this is just the tip of the iceberg. If you have anything like this you'd share, feel free, I'm always looking for new music.

EDIT: Just a warning, Queens of the Stone Age isn't welcome here. Josh Homme is a filthy prick.
Last edited by Thorn; Jun 26, 2015 at 07:58 AM.
Omnia Mori
sed Evici Amor
Elder is sick brah, check out weedeater, bongripper and beastwars if you haven't heard them already.

Been a while since i listened to this stuff, but here are some gems you might not have heard about. I'm assuming you've heard OM but if you haven't, you're missing out.