Toribash
Originally Posted by Mikes View Post

World Health Organization Document

This link lol. Darkember. You are not citing anything either. So where do you get your info? The media. Smh such hypocritical statements you make lol. Never have i ever had issue being high and driving. Helps me in my opinion.

I have cited sources, read my previous posts. You are deluded if you think being high helps you drive. I already cited a source from the British Medical Journal that said driving under the influence of cannabis doubles your risk of being in a serious car accident. I find it more hypocritical that you are asserting that weed helps you drive, despite all credible evidence contradicting that, and then sitting on a high horse saying that you cite sources and I don't.

AHHHHHH IT BURNS

World Health Organization Document

This link lol. Darkember. You are not citing anything either. So where do you get your info? The media. Smh such hypocritical statements you make lol. Never have i ever had issue being high and driving. Helps me in my opinion.

I assume this wast posted in response to Darkember asking for sources.

The source you posted has a load of examples and reports on the adverse effects of cannabis. It even has this section:

4.4.1 Cannabis and driving. Cannabis impairs driving ability and confers a higher risk for motor vehicle accidents. In experimental settings, cannabis impairs psychomotor skills and cognitive functions associated with driving, including vigilance, time and distance perception, lane tracking, motor coordination, divided attention tasks, and reaction time.170 Drivers may attempt to compensate by driving more slowly and increasing their following distance. On highways, cannabis is the most frequently reported illicit drug in connection with impaired driving and accidents, including fatal accidents. In the US, (2013), 62.6% of fatally injured drivers were tested for drugs and more than one-third (34.7%) were positive for cannabis. 171 In other countries some attribute increased roadside accidents to cannabis.172,173,174,175 The use of cannabis in combination with alcohol increases the risk of impairment more than use with either drug alone as the effects were additive.176

Have you read your source?
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.
Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post
I assume this wast posted in response to Darkember asking for sources.

The source you posted has a load of examples and reports on the adverse effects of cannabis. It even has this section:

Have you read your source?

Lmao i will agree i went over only a little bit of it, i knew the adverse affects were likely listed, im not entirely stating that the driving aspect is true for everyone. In some cases people are anxious in traffic or in issues. i find im more calm and collected. i take time to make decisions, im more cautious, focused on what im doing i think maybe you should try it once before saying im deluded as i said IMO darkember. I think if more of our drivers were stoned there would be less road rage and people speeding off around each other hitting little kids cause there drunk. Id rather known that some one smoked a few bowls before driving than drank 4 beers. again thats my opinion as it appears you have to state that hear multiple times to separate that from factual statements. also my bad for missing your source it was hidden in text

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw1HavgoK9E

Watch this though x)

https://www.mtlblog.com/news/study-s...ility-to-drive

https://www.cnn.com/2015/06/24/polit...act/index.html

As well if you notice that a lot of research that is done is funded by big companies such as Big Pharma, Tobacco companies and alcohol companies and on the turn around are also the same companies who are funding Anti Marijuana campaigns and advertisiments. who can easily fudge the research as why would they want another big seller to put them out on sales.

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/artic...ir-bottom-line
Last edited by Mikes; Apr 28, 2018 at 04:56 PM.
"People never grow up, they just learn how to act in public."—Bryan White
Lmao i will agree i went over only a little bit of it, i knew the adverse affects were likely listed, im not entirely stating that the driving aspect is true for everyone. In some cases people are anxious in traffic or in issues. i find im more calm and collected. i take time to make decisions, im more cautious, focused on what im doing i think maybe you should try it once before saying im deluded as i said IMO darkember. I think if more of our drivers were stoned there would be less road rage and people speeding off around each other hitting little kids cause there drunk. Id rather known that some one smoked a few bowls before driving than drank 4 beers.

From studies conducted, including the report you linked yourself, smoking cannabis is detrimental to driving, which is why it is illegal to drive high even in places where cannabis is legal.

Whether alcohol is worse isn't relevant to whether driving high should be legal, since drunk driving is also objectively detrimental and illegal therefore a comparison isn't a relevant argument to whether driving high should be allowed.

Have you watched this? All the subjects' driving got progressively worse with cannabis smoking. The reason the limit is low is because its conservative, some people are affected more quickly than others, but for obvious reasons the law doesn't want anyone to be dangerously high while behind the wheel.

Not only does this video contradict what youre saying its also not a good study, a sample size of 3 on an experiment with so many variables is not enough to draw a meaningful conclusion.

This blog post is a heavily biased "summary" of this study. I'm going to first talk about the study then about the blog post more generally.

The study
  • The study uses a sample size of 18, this is really low for this type of study and its really difficult to draw meaningful conclusions from such a small sample size without contrasting the study to other similar studies which either agree or disagree with its conclusions. For context, commonly cited, similar studies of the effects of drugs generally have sample sizes in the hundreds or thousands; here are some reports on the effects of drinking for comparison:1 (2603 participants), 2 (2260 participants), 3 (16585 participants).
  • The study also showed that cannabis did in fact negatively affect the driving of subjects. It found that the standard deviation of lane position (shortened to SDLP in the study) increased with cannabis use. "During drive blood THC ≥8.2 μg/L increased SDLP similar to notably-impairing alcohol concentrations." It's also worth noting that the participants were people who smoked between once every three months to 3 times a week (occasional smokers) and as such will have had higher tolerance to the effects of cannabis than much of the populous, of which a notable portion do not smoke or have never smoked cannabis.
  • Again, the comparison between alcohol and cannabis isn't relevant to whether cannabis should be allowed when you're driving as alcohol is illegal when you are driving, but is relevant to the legalization of recreational cannabis use.

The Blog Post
  • In this kind of context blog posts are worth avoiding, they are by nature highly biased as it is one person's opinion rather than being an actual study.
  • "Coming out of the University of Iowa, the first study of its kind analyzed the effects of marijuana on driving performance. They found that driving under the influence of weed causes almost no impairment." Not only is this not the first study comparing the effect of marijuana on driving performance, they didn't find that driving under the influence of weed cased almost no impairment. This statement was objectively wrong on both counts.
  • "In fact, the only impairment they did find was similar to that of the legal alcohol limit for drivers." Firstly, this directly contradicts the above statement made. Secondly, the study reported that impairment was proportional to the use of marijuana, so of course at a given blood concentration (8.2 μg/L) the negative effects of marijuana were seen to be "equivalent" to the negative effects of alcohol at a specific dosage.
  • "As one would expect, impairment was found in all areas when weed was mixed with alcohol. Marijuana itself, however, showed no significant impairment to driving when taken in moderation. Some even argued that it made them drive safer and/or slower." This statement is also deliberately misleading; moderation is a subjective term, not one defined in the paper, I could argue in the same vain that alcohol when taken in moderation does not impair driving. The argument of what "moderation" is, is important to work out where to draw the legal limit but not to decide whether or not it should be legal to drive when high. The report itself at no point said that cannabis made any of the participants drive safer.

Blog posts like this are deliberately highly misleading, reading the study abstract is a better summary of what the report says than this by far. That's what the abstract is for!

I cant find the actual study that this article is about. But, again, it's about the comparison of alcohol to cannabis when driving, which isn't an argument that driving high should be legal because driving drunk is illegal so its a moot comparison. I could say that driving drunk is safer than driving while high on acid, and while probably true, it doesn't mean that driving drunk should be legal - because its dangerous.

As well if you notice that a lot of research that is done is funded by big companies such as Big Pharma, Tobacco companies and alcohol companies and on the turn around are also the same companies who are funding Anti Marijuana campaigns and advertisiments. who can easily fudge the research as why would they want another big seller to put them out on sales.

So far the reports I've looked at from this thread have been from a Havard professor, commisioned by the WHO and from the university of Iowa. Both of these reports said that cannabis had a negative effect on driving. As "cannabis impairs psychomotor skills and cognitive functions associated with driving, including vigilance, time and distance perception, lane tracking, motor coordination, divided attention tasks, and reaction time."

I'm not going to critique this one, I actually do think weed should be legal, but definitely not driving high.

I also find it interesting that in one post you say this:

So where do you get your info? The media.

And in the very next post 3 of your 4 sources are media articles, and the last one is a deliberately badly written blog post designed to be misleading.

Edit: Fixed quote bbcode
Last edited by SmallBowl; Apr 28, 2018 at 06:47 PM.
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.

Omg yea fuck that i dont have that much time on my hands to read or type and search all that. ill just take the hit and say yea your right. you really went above and beyond to make your point lmao so i cant argue that. ill continue doing my life legal or not lol. it helps me and i know that, so all in all... really you cant argue or change my personal experiences with how i am with driving high or how i feel about it, and that's the way ill continue to view driving high.

sorry didnt read 99 percent of anything you or the others posted nor the articles or any research you did for that information and cites. just saw the regulations part and driving high and thought i knew something xD. idgaf really lol too stoned and driving while writting this.

I bet a DWI will change this opinion in a heart beat. Why risk the lives and your car because you want to "Live your life legal or not".

Also you came to discussion surprised someone actually had facts to support their opinion. That there buddy is funny af.
Cannabis legal where I live, literally nothing has changed except for the number of innocent people getting treated like criminals simply because they choose to use a specific substance.
Originally Posted by Dyspo View Post
I bet a DWI will change this opinion in a heart beat. Why risk the lives and your car because you want to "Live your life legal or not".

Also you came to discussion surprised someone actually had facts to support their opinion. That there buddy is funny af.

Yet more people drive on perscription drugs that are untested and do worse. Wjat about people perscribed marijauana if it doesnt leave body for a extended time and they need it all the time should they not be allowed to drive.....what if i was perscribed it? Would you all say nothing if i needed it say for work? Wjat abkut people who need pain pills to go to work, i know tons of people who think its perfectly fine to be slurred motion and reaction and drive. Im backing out of this convo again for the 8th time its in my opinion. Got proved wrong lol idgaf. Dont saynim suprised i wasnt lol i was saying my opinion after i got proved incorrect. Mmmkay dont be wrong holyy fuck xD

Also one of my buddies dads is the chief of police here i know him pretty well. He gets stoned before going any where. Corrupt inknow but still. Probably didnt set a good example for us as kids
Last edited by Mikes; May 5, 2018 at 04:42 AM.
Yet more people drive on perscription drugs that are untested and do worse. Wjat about people perscribed marijauana if it doesnt leave body for a extended time and they need it all the time should they not be allowed to drive.....what if i was perscribed it? Would you all say nothing if i needed it say for work? Wjat abkut people who need pain pills to go to work, i know tons of people who think its perfectly fine to be slurred motion and reaction and drive. Im backing out of this convo again for the 8th time its in my opinion. Got proved wrong lol idgaf. Dont saynim suprised i wasnt lol i was saying my opinion after i got proved incorrect. Mmmkay dont be wrong holyy fuck xD

Also one of my buddies dads is the chief of police here i know him pretty well. He gets stoned before going any where. Corrupt inknow but still. Probably didnt set a good example for us as kids

Prescribed or not, they can get a DWI while under the influence of substances that can severely impair your ability to drive safely. The same way that people who experience chronic and frequent seizures aren’t allowed to drive. It isn’t fair that they cant do anything about their health issue and/or medication, but it’s whats safe for other drivers and pedestrians.
Originally Posted by Daxx View Post
Prescribed or not, they can get a DWI while under the influence of substances that can severely impair your ability to drive safely. The same way that people who experience chronic and frequent seizures aren’t allowed to drive. It isn’t fair that they cant do anything about their health issue and/or medication, but it’s whats safe for other drivers and pedestrians.

hmm interesting to know was unaware of this, apparently a lot of people are also un aware of this where i live.

in that case no one should be allowed to drive, billions of 4 ton vehicles traveling quadruple the speed that we can on foot, under human error. yea thats trustworthy lol. perscribed, high, drunk or even sober people are still retarted when driving. because of this thread, ill take everyones facts and ill just remember next time i go to drive maybe to wait few hours. but still imo its better for me x)
Last edited by Mikes; May 5, 2018 at 02:19 PM.
in that case no one should be allowed to drive, billions of 4 ton vehicles traveling quadruple the speed that we can on foot, under human error. yea thats trustworthy lol. perscribed, high, drunk or even sober people are still retarted when driving. because of this thread, ill take everyones facts and ill just remember next time i go to drive maybe to wait few hours. but still imo its better for me x)

The whole point of a DWI citation is to punish those who drive under the influence of substances that heavily increase the risk of causing an accident or harm with a vehicle. So no, that isn't the case at all.