ES Recruitment Drive
Even though Dark Souls has it bosses, I'm going to throwback and go to Gears of War.

Favorite boss, most definitely Skorge. Fighting Skorge was pretty fun, contrary to most bosses (DARK SOULS PLS). He bounced around, was actually pretty hard on insane if you found him alone, and honestly he was my favorite boss in the whole game. Not to mention he was a total badass. I mean, come on. Chainsaws on a staff.

Skorge

Most disappointed, as Hyde went, is fucking Capra Demon. What sort of shitty Side Boss man. The fighting area was so damn small, and the hounds that came with him didn't help. I honestly just wanted to kill myself when I fought him the first few times.
|[TA]|[MLO]|Team Pokemon|
Fear sucks eggs
RETRO ALSO LIKES MEN -bands
Kind of hard to pick huh.
Most disappointing probably Berial from DMC4, I was pretty pumped but it was a really easy fight. They didn't hype the rest of the fights as much. Can barely remember that game, but I do remember Berial being disappointing.

Favourite is hard to pick, but maybe Hunter from Prince of Persia, it was quite a fast paced but fluid fight, and his first arena gives a lot of space to combo.

I used to play a lot of bossing games like Wanda to Colossus and Darksiders but the boss fights themselves werent very fluid or very memorable. My most memorable boss fight would have to be Andariel from Diablo 2, at the time it was a big thing for any of us out of my mates to clear act 1, there was more than 10 of us watching when I first cleared her. Even had my friend pressing the potion buttons for me.

Darksouls fails at boss fights, for the most part they can be summed up with "dodge then attack". This is taken to the comical extreme with the old iron king boss fight in dks2.

Bosses are a lot harder to make well than many game designers seem to think.
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
I was expecting an actual fight, but I killed him and the dogs in 2 hits. The camera bullshit was annoying but it was extremely easy.

Well he is an optional boss, so there's no expectation of your SL. Needless to say you were clearly overleveled for it lol.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
favorite - drake, from 007 nightfire
i don't know what it was when i played it, it was just so appealing from what i remember.
least favorite - vault monster from borderlands 1
this was a real dick in the wound for me, considering i spent a shitload of time and effort into it, thinking, "hey, maybe this won't have a fucking retarded ending" but hey, i was way off
pacquiao
Favorite boss is hard. The only insanely difficult bosses I've fought have been in Dark Souls and other than that I really liked Fable: TLC Jack of Blades. I read all the books ingame about him and the lore is pretty interesting and they built up suspense very well. Throughout the whole game Jack of Blades makes you make decisions at great costs

if you havent played fable 1 yet dont click 8)

phew that was a lot. So pretty much he does all those wrongdoings to you and your family so you just build up this hatred for him as you find out all these things that he's done and once you finally meet him, it's fulfilling to finally fight him, especially after he

woop

. /rant
really though, one of the best games ever made. Way ahead of its time, the fable anniversary (just revamped better graphics resolution etc) is on steam right now for like 9$ compared to its usual $30. sorry for the rant i really love that game and am saddened what they've been doing with the series
Last edited by cocacobra; Jun 15, 2015 at 08:27 PM.
i created the ??? emoji
like a lighter bitch we ignit
Favorite Boss of all time is Gwyn, Lord of Cinder. People complain that he was too easy (which he was if you just proceeded to parry and riposte him to shit). But the boss was well constructed and the music was the shit.
Least favorite is every single boss in Dark Souls 2. They were pretty generic, and fuck, one of the bosses was on rails (I'm talking about the old iron king)
Seriously. Fuck Dark Souls 2.
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
I forgot to mention a boss that lingers in the back of my thoughts as it haunts me. I half expect him to just some day burst through my wall and use my skin as a coat.

Nemesis from Resident evil 3.

Mainly because he could just leap into a window in a place that was safe the last 50 times you passes by.

Thrilling.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
My favorite boss is the necromancer from castle crashers most peoble say its the hardest boss. And he looks cool you get him by completing industrial castle on insane mode

Necromancer

My not favorite is the cult minion boss once you defeat those shards you be like oh thats easy hows this the final battle? Then that cult minion boss comes with his shield then some noob runs at him and start hitting him but he did not know what the shield did so the noob keeps hitting him and he sees that his teamates are getting damaged by hitting the shield so he stops and realises what the shield does after they killed the cult minion boss they be like yes i finally did it nope the cult minion boss becomes a ball after they killdd the ball they be like this better be the last one then a giant chest smashes the cult minion and then they open the chest a giant spider comes out and they killed it and then it becomes a ball again and then they kill the ball and then the cult minion becomes normal again and grabs his sword and then they killed him and the annoying thing is its to confusing for noobs the noobs just end up killing all of his teamates

Cult minion

Favourite Boss Yama Tsukami/White Fatalis (Monster Hunter)

Worst Boss Ever

Favourite one: Ragnaros, World of Warcraft Firelands Raid. Yea I know, bringing up WoW bosses is probably the worst one could do, but if it really comes to exciting bossfights with interesting mechanics there is nothing better than World of Warcraft.

Overall he was so interesting to fight because of the movement stuff and I love his general appearance.

Ragnaros

Least favourite one: Colesia, Shadow of the Colossus, Boss No. 11. Colesia is so freaking annoying as I found it really really hard to get onto his back since he is way smaller and faster than all others. I just felt "hunted" and under pressure all the time, that's not the spirit of SOTC!!! An annoying (yet refreshing) contrary to the other large colossi.

Colesia

Last edited by Destram; Jul 6, 2015 at 04:17 AM.