Ranking
Original Post
The Hood mentality
"Rapper"/talk show host/comedian Charlamagne Tha God speaks out about a rappers murder named Chinx Drugs over a radio show.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...KF1LrwIUNCVZ66
Youtube link for people who dont like worldstarhiphop

I think he made some very good points and addressed how ive always felt about the hood and the people in it.

Basically, the hood mentality is being in a gang and such. Hurting people because you feel disrespected, general anger in the wrong places.

How do you feel about what he said? What do you think of people in the hood?
Last edited by Mzebra; Jun 29, 2015 at 04:31 PM.
well in slovenia you can only find white people in the ghetto
since we dont have many blacks
so i can imagine white people talking bout the hood
but it's not so much murder
more stealing and drug dealing
and some major gang fights but these are really rare and legendary

Originally Posted by FistofLife View Post
white middle class people talking bout the hood is just gross.

Thanks for injecting your racism, but the video is one black guy and one white guy, both clearly lower class...
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Being a white guy who spent the first 15 years of his life just on the border of Camden, NJ, I'd guess that the poverty in the ghetto neighborhoods drives people to do whatever they can to survive. Some steal, some murder, some drug deal. Anything that can provide for themselves and their family. Some just cope with the stress all around them by doing drugs, and then their children grow up to do drugs in times of stress, then their children's children do so, and so on and so on.
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
Thanks for injecting your racism, but the video is one black guy and one white guy, both clearly lower class...

to be fair, both of those people have deals with MTV to be on about 3 different shows together. They arent lower class gormo-kun
People in 1st world ghettos can if they want to, escape poverty but most of them wont go to school, hate education and have great distrust in the law enforcers.
While in developing countries, there is not much of options due to lack of income in most families.
Originally Posted by xtermix View Post
People in 1st world ghettos can if they want to, escape poverty but most of them wont go to school, hate education and have great distrust in the law enforcers.
While in developing countries, there is not much of options due to lack of income in most families.

nice job being another white male conforming to a generalization.

as a black male who lives in Essex County , NJ (and the 3rd worse city in the state as a whole) I believe the "hood mentality" is not really what it seems.
I'm around drug dealers and gang members constantly, and it seems like they all want to get out the hood, but get sucked into the "game". Nate you already know how i feel with generalizations like these.

@XTERMIX : Everyone in my city went to school / is going to school, and how are we supposed to feel if everytime we turn on the news some innocent black male gets shot for being human and being afraid, and what..?
These hoods and ghettos ARE developing countries. We didn't have shit to start with.
damn im gettin old
Originally Posted by Velair View Post
nice job being another white male conforming to a generalization.

as a black male who lives in Essex County , NJ (and the 3rd worse city in the state as a whole) I believe the "hood mentality" is not really what it seems.
I'm around drug dealers and gang members constantly, and it seems like they all want to get out the hood, but get sucked into the "game". Nate you already know how i feel with generalizations like these.

@XTERMIX : Everyone in my city went to school / is going to school, and how are we supposed to feel if everytime we turn on the news some innocent black male gets shot for being human and being afraid, and what..?
These hoods and ghettos ARE developing countries. We didn't have shit to start with.

Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
Thanks for injecting your racism

There are white people in ghettos too, there are ghettos in ACTUAL developing countries, and they are much worse so please stop being such a crybaby.
Originally Posted by Velair View Post
I'm around drug dealers and gang members constantly, and it seems like they all want to get out the hood

Yeah lol they want to get out of the hood so much that they join gangs and become drug dealers.

Please explain that one to me mate. How exactly does acting like a walking-talking stereotype help you get out of the hood
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff