Toribash
While all mods have cross over with Aikido. What do you think are the best mods to improve Aikido skills?

I propose the following mods.
Sushirolls wrestling mod has alot of cross over. also good if you are looking to pursue a no grab style.
Iver's judo mod can help with understanding grip fighting.
Gtfightnight for figuring out translating more power into punches. Also helps with walking. Kinda i'm of two mind on this aspect. On one hand it helps with understanding the mechanics of walking but it could bread bad habits due to the balance system.

i can't comment on wushu i don't know enought about it to know what aspects translate over. I would like to hear if anyone does know though.
Originally Posted by monkeyishi View Post
While all mods have cross over with Aikido. What do you think are the best mods to improve Aikido skills?

I propose the following mods.
Sushirolls wrestling mod has alot of cross over. also good if you are looking to pursue a no grab style.
Iver's judo mod can help with understanding grip fighting.
Gtfightnight for figuring out translating more power into punches. Also helps with walking. Kinda i'm of two mind on this aspect. On one hand it helps with understanding the mechanics of walking but it could bread bad habits due to the balance system.

i can't comment on wushu i don't know enought about it to know what aspects translate over. I would like to hear if anyone does know though.

In terms of Wushu there's not much to gain from it aside from learning comebacks when both Toris separate. Particularly Wushu (Before the Popularity of Mushu and Boxshu_Mushu took over) had a huge aspect which came primarily from returning from medium-large distances to re-engage a fight effectively. This transitions into AikidoBigDojo more so than other mods with smaller rings, but still a very useful skill to obtain. Though the gravity is different the principles gained to know how to move or propel yourself in a certain direction safely is extremely valued.

Since I learned Aikido based on being a striker opposed to wrestling and grappling, I think core elements can be taken from Taekkyon, Lenshu, and RK-MMA. Particularly TK teaches you how to strike effectively and at the same time manage wrists (since wrists in TK are way more walmart than aikido) while also showing the importance of blocking strikes and using them to put yourself at some advantageous position.
|[TA]|[MLO]|Team Pokemon|
Fear sucks eggs
RETRO ALSO LIKES MEN -bands
what does lenshu teach. i havn't played it. rkmma is good for comebacks at higher graviy? Would you recommend rkmma or wushu if you had to choose one?

Maybe that's tutorial in its self. understanding wrists or how to stop shopping at Wallmart.
Lenshu and Rkmma are one in the same, RK has a smaller ring and requires more control to stop yourself from being tossed out of the ring by your launches. RK Would be good for comebacks are higher gravity from short distances, Lenshu for long.

I'd choose RK, but good luck finding many people that play it to proficient. The mod sort of died out. The Ring keeps things stable whereas in Wushu (not talking about box variants) the opponent can just run if they so choose. Less viable.
|[TA]|[MLO]|Team Pokemon|
Fear sucks eggs
RETRO ALSO LIKES MEN -bands
i don't think sushi's wrestling mod does much for aikido. the mods are way different from eachother
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle
I agree with Roux although not completely, there is definitely some knowledge transfer between mods. As different as they may be, grappling is grappling, s_wrestling just emphasizes realistic moves rather than being able to lift your opponent into the air effortlessly are arm's length.
Sushirolls wrestling mod has a lot of cross over. it requires your moves to be formed properly. also good if you are looking to pursue a no grab style and or develop a more realistic style.
Would that be more accurate?
this is true. I guess it depends on your end goal. maybe i should sort mods based on what they can achieve for your aikido game?