Toribash
turn off smooth shading on the object. for some reason it messes up the UVs something fierce.

Also: holy crap your UVs are messy...
Former Item Forger
Originally Posted by Stupinator View Post
turn off smooth shading on the object. for some reason it messes up the UVs something fierce.

Also: holy crap your UVs are messy...

Yeah I know about the UV being crazy, thats what an accidental selection does. but for some reason it's working and thanks man. I shall try that
-----
problem.. already applied the modifier, how do i remove it?
-----
oh wait, smooth shading? it is turned off...
Last edited by RussD3x; Jul 27, 2015 at 11:55 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
so in blender, you have smooth or flat, remove the modifier (there should be an x next to it) and on the left-hand side in the uv section, with all faces selected select flat in the shading section.

also: I'd work on your UVs a bit more, these are the UVs for the new 3d glasses item, the cleaner your UVs the easier to texture.

Last edited by Stupinator; Jul 28, 2015 at 12:20 AM.
Former Item Forger
so in blender, you have smooth or flat, remove the modifier (there should be an x next to it) and on the left-hand side in the uv section, with all faces selected select flat in the shading section.

It is on flat xD
I dont think i've ever used that button without putting it back.
-----
Ah, yeah I think I'll remark my seams xD
Last edited by RussD3x; Jul 28, 2015 at 12:21 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
click it again to be sure again, make sure ALL faces are selected. The only time I've seen issues like that is when the faces are set to smooth. Also: I updated my previous post with some help for UVs.
Former Item Forger
click it again to be sure again, make sure ALL faces are selected. The only time I've seen issues like that is when the faces are set to smooth. Also: I updated my previous post with some help for UVs.

Okay man, and thanks I'll try this now.
-----
Okay so I removed all modifiers and tried to texture the base model. It ended up messing up the hat and now theres gaps in the void, and theres no textures appearign at all :@
I'm gonna work on a new hat from scratch and do it from there. Hopefully it's not an ongoing problem for me XD
-----
Okay It's official. I've gotten better at UV-mapping!!!! xD
I learnt that if you mark the seams before you model your object they stay in the right format and shape after you've moulded it
I just hope I can texture it correctly.
Last edited by RussD3x; Jul 28, 2015 at 02:40 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
You can download maya for free (student version) look first page. Blender have the same tools just that they are on different locations. I don't recommend using mudbox for this because mudbox is normally used in high polycount type of scenarios which makes the models not suitable for toribash. It is way more practical to use a modeling and not a sculpting application.