ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[REL] Multiplayer Katar
Remember my Voldo mod?
I simplified the design to make a multiplayer version for your enjoyment.
No, I won't make them instagib, they don't need to be.
Attached Images
screenshot-15-18-43-09.JPG (61.2 KB, 170 views)
Attached Files
MPKatar.tbm (3.2 KB, 35 views)
I'm back, I think... :)
Mod Pack
I've come to the conclusion that instagib weapons suck, unless it's near-impossible to actually hit with the instagib bit.

I mean, compare thorshammer, katana, twinswords and shovelfighters. Where's the difference? It all boils down to contracting your pecs, rotating your chest and hoping you hit first. After that, no skill is involved.

It also means there's no room for looking cool. If you -don't- hit as quickly as possible, you're fucking dead. Raise your katana above your head for a cool looking slash, and you're royally screwed.

Someone even had the nerve to make an instagib version of my flail mod.

BAH!
[/rant]
Mod Pack
I'm on the very same boat as you are. Hence my katanaikido.tbm and kendo.tbm which have no instagibs either. I fully plan to make more non-instagib weapon mods when I have more time, but if you do decide to make more NIG weapon mods, I'll keep an eye out for you.
Maybe if we had something like a 'damage factor' variable... Like, if you set it to 2, the object would to twice usual the damage when hitting the enemy.
That'd make a blade dangerous, but not immediately lethal.
Mod Pack
I'd be happy with a flag setting that llow you to turn off instagib. This way I can play certain mods without turning off dismemberment or making a different version of it. Though, a damage factor variable isn't bad either. I'm hoping you can also modify damage factor for body parts, too. (This is especially the case for mods like wushu to encourage powerful kicks.)
Originally Posted by RAYClovis View Post
I'm on the very same boat as you are. Hence my katanaikido.tbm and kendo.tbm which have no instagibs either. I fully plan to make more non-instagib weapon mods when I have more time, but if you do decide to make more NIG weapon mods, I'll keep an eye out for you.

NIG WEAPONS

BAN FOR RACISM YOU RACIST, GOD!