Ranking
Original Post
Broadcast/Global suggestion
so, was just informed that broadcasting something silly and having fun is a bannable offense

though i understand the rule, i think it's a rule that would make more sense if this game was still in development and didn't have enough security implemented (and if so, that makes me a little more sad). it just seems pretty ridiculous, y'know?

no i'm not a coder, but i'm sure that if any of you administrators or dev's are as good as i used to think you were, you can figure something out.

i'd like to suggest some implementation of security for the global system, such as:
  • delay on how many globals 1 person can make
  • something like "IF LINK = decline broadcast" and etc

i'd very much so recommend that some of you work on your customer service skills as well. instead of throwing around "i'll ban you", you should start off with a clear warning. i understand that this is a community run by the players, but i still feel like i'm expected to bow down to other teenagers with little experience rather than professionals running a game. games are meant to create a positive experience, and devs/admins are usually expected to follow the same expectation (please inform me if i am wrong). most of the people i've met with power have usually had a snarky attitude and that's just a little unappealing. i like this game and there isn't much like it but i feel like there's very few people that know how to have a good time, y'know?

i apologize if i somehow managed to create a negative player experience for broadcasting "broadcast", though i don't quite see how. i think i do a better job of that by hosting shitty tourneys with weird mods and betting servers with outdated methods

thanks,

Mardo
beware
the goblin
Only use this feature for advertising tournaments, not for marketting etc.
If you abuse this, you will be banned.

Thats from the top of the broadcast page on the forums. Its pretty hard to miss if you actually look. I can understand where you're coming from, though and blocking links is a good idea. But that still wouldnt stop people from doing spammy broadcasts like the one you did, or broadcasting "gum is an idiot" or something similar.

The only way to stop that is to manually approve every single broadcast before it goes off, or trust users to use common sense and follow the rules put out for them. Manually approving every broadcast kind of defeats the point of having a system where users can broadcast by themselves, so that leaves us with trusting the users to be mature.
Read the Market Rules
In #Support: [19:53] <@firebolty> StileCheat: Did you try this?: would you lick onima's pussy clean for 10,000 dollars
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
huh.

alright.

thanks for the explanation. though i personally don't totally agree with the system, i get the picture.

still not sure what the harm in saying something silly is when it can bring a smile to someone's face, but i guess it's less about the content and more about the concept.
Last edited by Marrez; Aug 20, 2015 at 06:13 AM.
beware
the goblin
i can't pay to say "gum is an idiot" if i want to?
what're other people gonna do when they see it

read it, move along

if people want to spam, let them spam globals imo. it's nothing but a tc sink in the end.
Originally Posted by TyZi View Post

read it, move along

if people want to spam, let them spam globals imo. it's nothing but a tc sink in the end.

and 5 minutes later you get another guy who thought exactly the same. Not many people would enjoy a broadcast fight.
Originally Posted by TyZi View Post

read it, move along

Why should there be spam ingame, and why would you encourage that?
No one wants to see raging people express their hatred on who they just lost their TC to (bet/duel) or a couple of people using the broadcast system as an IRC channel, regardless of if it collects TC.
I doubt there's any need for TC to be taken out of circulation at the moment, and even if there were, the community would have to be in a complete recession for users to be allowed to pay to express their idiocy in the form of a global.

Broadcasts were specifically designed to announce in-game events. The power of saying anything you want to hundreds of people at a time would be overwhelming and the system would be abused.
EDIT: A more indirect way of doing this, however, is a system we already have; bounty hunting with the optional 2,000 TC bounty text.
Last edited by firebolty; Aug 24, 2015 at 07:31 AM.
BAD LUCK