Ranking
Original Post
Larfen's Video CnC Series
rip
Last edited by Larfen; Aug 27, 2015 at 02:29 AM.
[12:00] <fudgiebalz> toribash SUCKS
Check my ~~~Dank Replays~~~
I wish I wasn't so stail with my replays. Could you give me tips to increase my creativity , Larfen?
"Joining ormo should not be seen primarily as an achievement but as an indication of what your future could be". ~Pusga
A good way to get more creative is to just make a bunch of replays until you decide on what you like to do. What you like to do is probably what is nice to see.

And honestly, when I make a replay, I mainly think about what I think looks cool. This works because if other people have similar tastes to me, that means they think it will look cool as well. So I would say a good idea is to try and impress yourself, and impressing others will come with it.

Creativity is a hard thing to give general advice on because everything is subjective in regards to it.
hello, anyone that is interested in replays or just toribash in general should watch this guy, he explains very well how toris move, how to do it better, and he has a nice voice.

do it

[T]
#hi

Mmmm... Do you have important tips we must always remember? Something like "You must always.." or "NEVER do...."

Got any tips for meh?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
Originally Posted by Larfen View Post
A good way to get more creative is to just make a bunch of replays until you decide on what you like to do. What you like to do is probably what is nice to see.

And honestly, when I make a replay, I mainly think about what I think looks cool. This works because if other people have similar tastes to me, that means they think it will look cool as well. So I would say a good idea is to try and impress yourself, and impressing others will come with it.

Creativity is a hard thing to give general advice on because everything is subjective in regards to it.

Ok , I will try. Thx Larfen , your the best
"Joining ormo should not be seen primarily as an achievement but as an indication of what your future could be". ~Pusga
Originally Posted by ishi View Post
hello, anyone that is interested in replays or just toribash in general should watch this guy, he explains very well how toris move, how to do it better, and he has a nice voice.

do it

Thanks ishibro <3

Originally Posted by strikas View Post
i need cnc

Originally Posted by FreeFlash View Post
Could you cnc this?

I will do these, just in the future, you can send your replays to either my email account or by PM. If everyone posted in this thread it would get pretty cluttered!

Originally Posted by Karstnator View Post
Mmmm... Do you have important tips we must always remember? Something like "You must always.." or "NEVER do...."

Got any tips for meh?

Well for one, I've written a pretty big tutorial on manipulation replays that I put in the OP if you want to check it out.

As for more general tips, I'd say its important to learn to use the "hold" state on your joints more. It took me far too long to incorporate it into my play because of the constant emphasis the community gives a relaxall playstyle. Hold is a tool that was put into the game, and it should be taken advantage of!

Another thing is that I think some people tend to put more emphasis on destruction than flow. I know some people would disagree with me on this (like Pusga maybe), but I believe that if you can't get a dismembering hit with reasonable flow to it, don't bother doing it at all. I feel like sometimes people don't know when to stop with replays and draw them out too much.
Last edited by Larfen; Mar 26, 2014 at 05:45 PM.