ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
question
is there a script for showing how much pressure is on a joint or how much it needs to break
My aunt has 2 great big personalities (boobies), and i love playing with them all night long
I highly doubt it, wouldn't this be over used or just make the game much easier?
It's already visible with the red -> black bruising; just you need to take the time to learn which colours equate to roughly how much force is being applied. Also not using shitty force colours like Void helps unless you're only playing in low DM mods. For obvious reasons Vamp etc kinda sucks for it too.

They go completely black at around 1k force, sorta dark-reddy-dogshit-bown at 500ish, and hit a Vampire shade at approx 250.
Under 250 it's a more or less linear scale of slightly red -> red red, above that it can get difficult due to LCDs being pretty bad at colour reproduction.

Once you get used to the colours it's pretty easy to get a fairly accurate idea, so it's not like a script is going to make it easier. If anything it's just yet another distraction that'll take your eyes from where they should be.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Huh. So bruising doesn't just happen under impactful force?

Eg. What you're saying is, I could plant a Tori leg and incrementally add more 'weight/force' and watch the bruise indicators come gradually up?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, haven't been studying the bruising system as much since Ive been back
[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/thWfXwy.png[/SIGPIC]
Wanna see some ruffled feathers in Taekkyon

<Icky> Damn my mouth is on fire but my loins stir like the straits
Bruising shows how much... um... "force damage"(?) a joint is being subjected to. That also includes if you move it in a way that increases the force being applied - eg someone grabs an arm and you pull it back increasing the force.

But yeah, bruising occurs under all forces that I guess you could say cause damage. Standard Toris in standard gravity don't move in a way that'll cause bruising just from using a joint, but if you prod the settings for body parts in a mod you can make a joint bruise just from moving it yourself.

I'm pretty bad at explaining it, but in short bruising is an indicator of how much force is being applied to a joint at a given time; that includes impacts (if you read the ODE engine wiki you can master how impacts work, I cba failing at explaining that too), moving against an opposing force (eg lifting yourself up in stupidly high gravity mods, or being pushed/pulled) so on so forth.

As I said though, you have to get a feel for it and some colours are almost useless for judging it. Just don't use red forces or incredibly dark colours (Void, Hunter & Alpha are the worst offenders) and it's pretty easy to learn.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
Bruising shows how much... um... "force damage"(?) a joint is being subjected to. That also includes if you move it in a way that increases the force being applied - eg someone grabs an arm and you pull it back increasing the force.

But yeah, bruising occurs under all forces that I guess you could say cause damage. Standard Toris in standard gravity don't move in a way that'll cause bruising just from using a joint, but if you prod the settings for body parts in a mod you can make a joint bruise just from moving it yourself.

I'm pretty bad at explaining it, but in short bruising is an indicator of how much force is being applied to a joint at a given time; that includes impacts (if you read the ODE engine wiki you can master how impacts work, I cba failing at explaining that too), moving against an opposing force (eg lifting yourself up in stupidly high gravity mods, or being pushed/pulled) so on so forth.

As I said though, you have to get a feel for it and some colours are almost useless for judging it. Just don't use red forces or incredibly dark colours (Void, Hunter & Alpha are the worst offenders) and it's pretty easy to learn.

wow this is actually really useful information, thanks
at times there random dm's occur even if you hit the joint lightly, any explanation for that?
Originally Posted by slicc View Post
at times there random dm's occur even if you hit the joint lightly, any explanation for that?

sir has talked about this on an occasion.

as far i know that's a calculation error within the game, which basically does the math wrong and thus thinks that the joint breaks. likes to happen if you altered the tori in a mod etc.
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
Originally Posted by cadesto View Post
didn't hampus say dms are based on speed and not force?

Are you suggesting that speed isn't a main factor in force?
h