Toribash
Original Post
DQ Messup?
I'm rather new at this, only not even having played a full week, so if this has been posted before, sorry. I also was not sure where to put this, so I put it here for the reason that I'm a newbie asking a question. Probably should have been in MP Replays? Anyways, I joined a room for a few games of Aikido. As I was playing, someone I played with once joined the room and we had a match.

I'm not sure if there is some strange DQ rule that has if multiple limbs hit the ground outside that it waits for something to happen (like I said, I learn as I go along, and I'm new), but for some reason I wasn't DQed when I hit the ground. Then he a few seconds later he got DQed instead of me. I've watched it a few times, and I'm sure that I was out first. So can anyone explain?

Also, I had another match that was RIGHT after his that did the same thing, but for some reason I can't find it. Must not have saved.

So...any explanation? Not sure if this is a bug or something...
Attached Files
DQ Glitch maybe.rpl (70.8 KB, 15 views)
Last edited by Tragar; Feb 20, 2010 at 07:00 AM.
Yep, that's a bug which happens when there's a nice amount of collisions occurring.
So yeah, when you both are packed up like that, the huge amount of collisions somehow disable the disqualification... Until the amount of collisions decrease.

A global bug, happens quite a lot in Aikido.
Last edited by Tonakai; Feb 20, 2010 at 08:43 PM. Reason: No need to say to something that isn't even there!
I think you may be wrong, Tonakai. I've had the same thing happen with only one DQing collision. What I've heard is that non-default gravity (such as is used in Aikido) is the culprit. It's possible that both apply.
Originally Posted by JWideman View Post
I think you may be wrong, Tonakai. I've had the same thing happen with only one DQing collision. What I've heard is that non-default gravity (such as is used in Aikido) is the culprit. It's possible that both apply.

If I understood you correctly... I didn't mean DQ collision, I meant collisions overall, like, many joints collide with eachother.
I guess that might be it, because the match right after that had me and the other person pretty tangled up. Thanks a bunch.
Originally Posted by Tonakai View Post
If I understood you correctly... I didn't mean DQ collision, I meant collisions overall, like, many joints collide with eachother.

Hmm... That seems quite likely, not to mention easier to reproduce intentionally.