Ranking
we could make a 3 round competition, like give a small challange in the start so all the bad and good artists compete(like made a forum vip(avvy+sig+background)),

then a more dificult round to pick the best ones,

and finnaly a hard challange(like making an head or set) and that head or set would be gaining popularity and would be sold very expensively, and gata would gave him a tc boost.

do you like this idea? :3
we need to make something big, like, make a banner to announce the event, bigger prizes, more time to all register and then start
don't care about prizes and big banners, make a scoreboard and do it like the old gata event.

That was sick, remember that guys? With the scoreboard. I was so pumped at being on top. Holy shit where is that thread...
Jusmi's a better artist than me.

I'm just some bloke with a kirby in his sig.
(>^_^)>
Originally Posted by GoodBox View Post
Jusmi's a better artist than me.

I'm just some bloke with a kirby in his sig.

whatever good event either way ( ^_^)-b
Soz, havent been around much this week, busy and bored of dealing with tb and stuff.
someone volunteer to take over the art board for me.

Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
What would be extremely unfair to those who made ​​a tribal or a cartoon, compared with a realistic head.

a good texturer is a good texturer. if theyr not good enough to compare to a realistic texture, thats their problem.

Originally Posted by 13chillz View Post
Your not going to make a tribal head worth 100k maybe a realistic tho

ive sold tribal head textures for 100k+ befor.
good tribals are all about attractive lines, creative mapping and original design.

Originally Posted by dengue View Post
we can establish judging criterias.

no, i agree with gorman on this one, artistic appeal should be the judging criteria, you do not judge art on a points system.

Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
whatever good event either way ( ^_^)-b

yes.

so the real problem is there isnt any good ideas for competitions? and someone to go RAWR! NOW READYSETGO!

i find the idea of a series of smaller events quite appealing, or turning small events into a series, heres me just running my mouth off a few weeks ago.
That worked well for past events and for the monobis disciples org

Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
i can see the colour pallete event being turned into a series.
choose a colour palette.
make a set concept.
make a head.
make a full arm including joints
make another arm, including joints
torso legs etc

personally i dont know if i would like to be limited to a color palate :3

Originally Posted by aerox21 View Post
It would be nice to see what the community artists will do with just one palette. So I'd go with that even though it might scare some attenders.

Maybe have a selection of palettes from the 3 winners of Goodboxs palette event.
they could pick one.
or a colour theme, as in, not specific colours, but things like warm colours, cool colours, retro, black and white and like... things.

Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
don't care about prizes and big banners, make a scoreboard and do it like the old gata event.

That was sick, remember that guys? With the scoreboard. I was so pumped at being on top. Holy shit where is that thread...

doable, the scoreboard was nice.
felt more like recognition than reward.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
i can see the colour pallete event being turned into a series.
choose a colour palette.
make a set concept.
make a head.
make a full arm including joints
make another arm, including joints
torso legs etc

this is genius. i'd back this up to wherever you want to go. mini prizes for each one and some sort of point system for each mini-comp. then the most points at the end wins a bigger prize?

also set concepts kinda like the begotten one in the showcase? :P
--
also:
Soz, havent been around much this week, busy and bored of dealing with tb and stuff.
someone volunteer to take over the art board for me.

only if you come back and cnc all my artwork whenever I post something.
Last edited by 13chillz; Aug 17, 2013 at 09:22 AM.