Toribash
Original Post
Jon Stewart whoops ass.
Im guessing not many people are, but if you have been following the US economy lately than you know that we are in the shitter. While the details are complex and confusing, most people are pretty sure that our current state of money fail is mostly the result of investors and people in the know shirking the system, lieing, and just generally being greedy pricks while the rest of the country pays for them.

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart is an American show that is set up mock a real news broadcast, but over the years has become more serious and has grown into a respectable news source, its one of the few mostly unbiased shows, and you are more likely to an accurate story because of this, which is something missing from the U.S. media.

Anyways, There is another show called Mad Money with Jim Cramer, that is set up to give people advice on what stocks to buy. A few months back he basically got on TV and told everyone to buy stock in Bear Sterns...like a week later Bear Sterns collapsed and a whole lot of people lost a whole lot of money. Jon Stewart then began calling him out on T.V. and a hearty little drama built up. Jim Cramer was recently on The Daily Show, and the results were amazing.

tl;dr I know, don't feel bad, just watch the video and let us know your opinion. Personally this makes me smile when I watch it, even though everything sucks that they are talking about, its good to see someone exposed who may have played a role in our economic meltdown.

in case the embedded vid never starts to work
Last edited by RedDevil; Mar 19, 2009 at 06:17 PM.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Just a couple points here on little things you said. First off, lots of people are following the US Economy, because it affects the whole world. Second, Jon Stewart is certainly not unbiased, he has a majorly liberal slant.

On another note, that video was funny as hell.
Originally Posted by hidingwarior View Post
Second, Jon Stewart is certainly not unbiased, he has a majorly liberal slant.

Open-mindedness is quite liberal, in my book.

Oh yes, I went there.
Originally Posted by CMon View Post
Open-mindedness is quite liberal, in my book.

Oh yes, I went there.

I am open-minded. I'm just saying that much like the rest of the American media, Jon Stewart majorly slants his stories.
I really enjoyed this video. Albeit, WHO he was making his argument with was quite sketchy at times. Still, I do understand that he can make an argument against CNBC with Jim Cramer, since he is their spokesman in the subject.
Im guessing not many people are, but if you have been following the US economy lately than you know that we are in the shitter.

The failure of the US economy is having great influences on the world economy too, even the Dutch Economy is starting to go down a bit thanks to that.

So I'm just trying to say everyone is aware of what you said.
Originally Posted by Mapleleaf View Post
So I'm just trying to say everyone is aware of what you said.

Thank god!

And yeah, hiding, Jon Stewart does have a bit of a liberal slant. But he also does plenty to rip into Obama...and he does nothing compared to the shlock on Fox news.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Originally Posted by deady View Post
Thank god!

And yeah, hiding, Jon Stewart does have a bit of a liberal slant. But he also does plenty to rip into Obama...and he does nothing compared to the shlock on Fox news.

fox news isn't that conservative, only when compared to the rest of the horridly biased media.