Ranking
Original Post
hidden servers
alright so this is an idea that came to mind when practicing for clan league

basically, while making a server private ensures that only people who are welcome can chat and play.
however, it still allows for spectators which eliminates the possibility of, as an example, practicing for clan league.
lowering the maxclients and adding VIP spots can be a hassle, along with raising the maxclients whenever your friend wants to join.

this picture shows how i'm thinking it would work

to explain a bit more detailed, a normal player can't see any hint of the hidden servers existing.
although they can still join it by writing "/jo *roomname*"
however, to prevent hidden servers doing nasty stuff against the rules, the gamemasters and
what not are still available to see these servers but with some kind of way showing if they are hidden.

EDIT:

did not think of the /sa *playername* option. in my opinion this command could simply say "this player is in a hidden server" or something
but yeah if a gm and what not does it, it shows what it does normally
Last edited by zeto; Jul 19, 2014 at 09:05 PM.
'u'
There's an easier way than to implement it into a later version of ToriBash. It's right there, you guys just don't want to type it.
私の顔にそれを言う。
Originally Posted by zeto View Post
this still doesn't support having the server completely hidden, as people will still see it on the server list

also your solution is an alternative fix that's annoying to do, if you have a big amount of friends joining in you'll sit and /vip everyone which is a hassle

How many friends do you want to invite to your server and keep it hidden? 20?
Also I don't see any reasons why there has to be an option to hide rooms at all. That would only result in farming as most farming cases are being reported by regular users. GMs or any other staff members don't check the server list each 10 minutes.