Ranking
Original Post
Framerate/Timescale setting / To hell with the clipping!
This is a suggestion that I came up with when toying around with various weapon-related stuff

To me it seems that when two objects are on a collision course with one another, and the actual collision takes place between two frames, they just pass through each other. It's especially pronounced when you're using weapons.
Obviously this is a massive problem when you're trying to parry your rival's sword, and they just pass through!

So my suggestion is to add a rule that determines the speed at which everything moves. By slowing down time, you effectively create more frames for every movement, so going by the example of the swords, they move slower, allowing the game to check for collisions more often, hopefully reducing the clipping problems.

Or whatever. It would just be so fabulous if things would stop passing through each other. If there already is some way to fix this, please do tell.
Last edited by ButtMad420; Jul 23, 2014 at 07:00 PM.
This would work if all wepon colistions werent broken. two swords hitting eachother simply glich out and send the blades flying for another 2 frames or so only to teleport back to the hilt.
Last edited by kr0mus; Jul 25, 2014 at 06:11 PM. Reason: never type in the dark
I don't like military time, I prefer metric or imperial.