Toribash
Original Post
[CONC] Modular Toribash Hook
Okay, I've tossed this head around in my head for a while now, and I'd like to see what people think before I go any further.

And when you click on the JuntIcon, it expands the menu.

Now, that's from my earlier post of the whole "Hook and Overlay" proof of concept. I used the same source to eventually make the TorIRC I've been working on as of late. Now, my idea is such: I will make a parent, modular program for use with Toribash. It will basically be a simple program to hook into Toribash, and provide a gui. It will also look into the folder it's running from for any other .exes(or possible dlls, whatever). When it finds a program, it will add the program to the menu below the JuntIcon, with a thumbnail of (program - .exe).bmp

I would make the program draw your program within Toribash.. You just need to make the program. I'll work some way of making the parent program send messages to the client programs, too, so I can give you guys some nice read functions, etc to work with.

Would ANYONE be interested in this?
I'd be interested, and I know from my seeings of modular programming that it's perfectly possible. It's just a tad abstract, and probably more effective to do in C/C++ than anything.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
Most likely, suom. If I wanted a truely modular experience, I'd have to make it in C++, so that I could provide libraries to use in your modules. There's actually a program that works similar to what I'm suggesting, but for a different game. It's in C++, so I'll glance over the source and see what I can figure out.
Pjj: Things you wouldn't understand, considering you haven't figured out how to google yet.

Starzz: It would basically allow third party developpers like myself and suo to make modules that would make Toribash funner/easier/more efficient. Things like integrating IM-like windows into Toribash for better usage of the friends list thing. Mini-games. Bots. Basically, developpers would only be limited by their own creativity.
Wow, that sounds amazing!
Too bad I don't have a clue about programming. Good luck with the project Junt ^.^
Originally Posted by Juntalis View Post
Starzz: It would basically allow third party developpers like myself and suo to make modules that would make Toribash funner/easier/more efficient/more unfair. Things like integrating IM-like windows into Toribash for better usage of the friends list thing. Mini-games. Bots. Basically, developpers would only be limited by their own creativity.

You forgot something, so I fixed it.
I don't see how it would be unfair if anyone was anyone can download the modules. You seem against any third party development, Nuy, considering you called my last proof of concept a "key-logger".