ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Auto thread close
As some of you know, new members of the forums tend to bump threads that are old (2011). A way to solve a problem like this to have a feature that detects if a thread is truly dead after a long period of time and it gets autoclosed. I guess it's really up to the admins to decide what they consider "old" but I think that threads that have been dead for over 2 years should be autoclosed if not earlier.

See any real problems or what are you thoughts?
Well, it would be quite handy, but most threads get closed when they are dead and the ones that aren't, do you want the lmods to search the whole forums back for open threads from 2 years ago?
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It would be fairly easy to add a script that will close threads that have had no replies for X amount of time.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
Actually, I remember, Fish, saying he scheduled threads to begone from very long ago. In my opinion, it's good to have the moderators do it rather than make a script. Saves time and the staff can do something. ;)

Just closing threads? No, they are not bumped to often. Besides, some of them are more important/minimum-active than others.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
How many "active" threads are there that haven't been bumped in two years? I would say at that point that they are dead. And it would be no hard task to re-open a thread if enough people want it.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
But there are some threads that needs to be bumped instead of making a new one
Like:off topic threads,suggestion threads,news,discussions
INB4 14 days ban
I support this. People revive old requests/events/etc...
Winning means dominating over countless dead bodies
Only downside I could possibly see is inactive clans getting closed completely. But then again, if they are dead it probably doesn't matter.
I think that this might have been caused after some new member bumped my old thread from 2011 and I had to close it since it was inactive.
Insert random reference to you here.
Bump because this needs to be added,
Its shitting up the begginer-sanctuary.

oh, the irony

I UNDERSTAND LAZORS^^
I'd rather not shit up the suggestions sub forum with loads of threads though :v
Last edited by imaSlayaa; Jul 16, 2014 at 01:36 PM.