Toribash
Original Post
hidden servers
alright so this is an idea that came to mind when practicing for clan league

basically, while making a server private ensures that only people who are welcome can chat and play.
however, it still allows for spectators which eliminates the possibility of, as an example, practicing for clan league.
lowering the maxclients and adding VIP spots can be a hassle, along with raising the maxclients whenever your friend wants to join.

this picture shows how i'm thinking it would work

to explain a bit more detailed, a normal player can't see any hint of the hidden servers existing.
although they can still join it by writing "/jo *roomname*"
however, to prevent hidden servers doing nasty stuff against the rules, the gamemasters and
what not are still available to see these servers but with some kind of way showing if they are hidden.

EDIT:

did not think of the /sa *playername* option. in my opinion this command could simply say "this player is in a hidden server" or something
but yeah if a gm and what not does it, it shows what it does normally
Last edited by zeto; Jul 19, 2014 at 09:05 PM.
'u'
What's the point between this and /passwd

/passwd disables whispers, disables shouts, no one can join you dont want. Also a lot of the farming people are reported from user reports I think, so that would just make it a bit harder. I doubt any GM looks through all the servers to find out if someone is farming.
A dueler is only a good as his finest lift.

I love many people on this forum such as ...
Uric|Internet|Stellar|Wesley|Boonana|AJ|FireBolty|iRookie|Brucia|Kristis133|Liquidoom|Lightningkid
[type=noob]monk[noob]
I respect...
Yeah setting a password is basically good enough. I think that would be complicating things. But then again it won't hurt anyone not having it emplimented
-Ermac begotten soul - begotten ninja @KillshiftGamers-Parkour/Spar forever-[Origin] my story has just begun
i would enjoy not getting mobbed by people when i play. /passwd isn't the same, sometimes you just want some intimate alone time with your friends while you "experiment".

[T]
#hi

Why isn't /minbelt 100000 or something like that an option? That makes all non-admin players unavailable to join the room yet you can always /vip add those who you need in it.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Why isn't /minbelt 100000 or something like that an option? That makes all non-admin players unavailable to join the room yet you can always /vip add those who you need in it.

this still doesn't support having the server completely hidden, as people will still see it on the server list

also your solution is an alternative fix that's annoying to do, if you have a big amount of friends joining in you'll sit and /vip everyone which is a hassle
'u'
Originally Posted by zeto View Post
this still doesn't support having the server completely hidden, as people will still see it on the server list

also your solution is an alternative fix that's annoying to do, if you have a big amount of friends joining in you'll sit and /vip everyone which is a hassle

/minbelt 100000
/vip add <friend>

I don't think is very hard to do. It's a maximum of 39 characters if you include spaces (or 43 if you include pressing enter to start and end the command twice with spaces) for two people and setting the minimum belt to 100000. I don't think this is all too difficult to do.

In my opinion, the implementation is unecessary.
you say "two" people

i wouldn't imagine doing this for 22 more people.

Besides, the server is not hidden when you do that.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Its a lot easier if you just copy the command, and then paste in the name of who you want to be vip.
8-)
Would it kill to just make the server hidden? It's small and it just assists server privacy.
blue
pink