Ranking
Original Post
Steam Game Issues
So lately all the games I have downloaded on steam have been running choppy. My fps just drops significantly after I start up an actual game. My ping, and connection are fine, and yet the games still end up somehow being laggy. This has only just recently been happening these past 3 days. Not sure if it's my drivers or what. Someone said steam games have to use NVIDIA or something, and that if this happens that I should force the games to use it. But I don't exactly know how to do that considering I'm technologically impaired.

If anyone has a fix for this, or knows a way I can force these games to use NVIDIA that'd be great.

*This also happens when trying to play Toribash. The game will freeze up and a message will pop up something about my graphics card doing something.
teeth marks on my goosebumps, the chains frostbit me.
Sounds like GPU problems.

Monitor your resource loads when the problem occurs (PIP or 2 monitors really helps with this).

What kind of lag are you experiencing? Input lag? Low frame rates? Rubber banding? Strange hit detection?
A new problem? If you do have Nvidia hardware then it could possibly be an Optimus issue.

http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=358851

That's usually only a problem with GL games though. :/

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you